• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any RI/MA/CT guys up for a local meet?

This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to meet up with Gary (captngaryr) here in RI, to give him a ride in my NSX down to LarryB's place, so he could pick up his car, and I could drop mine off. On the long ride home in heavy traffic, we got to talking about how many NSX's might be in the area, so we kicked around some spots to get some NSX owners together.

I'll have my car back in 2 weeks, and the weather is turning around here, so we ought to try to get the locals out for a meet. As far as I can figure, there's 3-4 guys on Prime in RI, and I'm not sure on Eastern CT or MA.

Colt State Park in Bristol? Maybe Beavertail lighthouse in Jamestown?

Any interest, or any thoughts on a location that works for everyone? Gary? Bob?

-Greg

Obviously, I'm in! You all need to come to see Greg's NSX! Georgeous example of a 91 (red/black)! Either Colt State Park or Beavertail works for me. Also, open to other location suggestions.

Gary

Sorry guys. I'm all the way down in Stamford, CT otherwise I might join you. BTW, you haven't seen my 91 (Red/Black). Greg might be jealous unless he has less than 7,500 miles on his. Take a ride to Greenwich, CT on June 6th and see my baby in the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance.

Bruce:smile:

I would be interested in meeting up some weekend. I am in Eastern CT.
I am normally pretty flexible on the weekends.
Let me know when and where and I will try my best to make it.

I'm up for it. I live on the shoreline in the New Haven area. Anywhere in Rhode Island or CT is fine with me. I think the venue should be picturesque so we can show those CA NSXer's we have it just as good in the summer months!

Right off the top of my head, Newport, and Mystic sounds great. Newport would be incredible if we could find the right place...perhaps cliffwalk.

I do work Saturday's so it wouldn't work for me unless it was a Sunday.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I'm all the way down in Stamford, CT otherwise I might join you. BTW, you haven't seen my 91 (Red/Black). Greg might be jealous unless he has less than 7,500 miles on his. Take a ride to Greenwich, CT on June 6th and see my baby in the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance.

Bruce:smile:

No wonder you only have >7500 miles on the car... Stamford to Bristol CT is what, 65 miles??... not that far!! :)

-Wick

I'm good for a Sunday at some Park in CT (Bristol area sounds OK). Pick a date and let's give it a whirl. I'm sure everyone weekend calendar is filling up pretty quickly, now that the nicer weather is upon us!

-Wick

Somebody has to get this started, so I recommend Saturday, May 22nd at Beavertail. It's a great spot for photos and easy to get to. We can then take a drive from there to Newport if people are up for it. The roads are in pretty good shape too, which I can't say for Ocean Drive in Newport.

Gary

To be perfectly honest, since I started tracking the NSX I find all car meets kind of... ummm.... boring. I definitely like talking to other NSX owners, keeping in touch, etc. But without some sort of "main event", I am not sure I am up for driving 1-2 hours. Last meet I put together we had 13 NSX's and that was just MA. I suggested the next meet here:

www.f1outdoors.com

That way there was something fun to do. Maybe I'm a party pooper... I don't know... I think the only things that would drag me out for a long drive would be a racetrack or if you said the meet was also with 4 Victoria's Secret models.

Hey fellas, I have a '92 BB w/31K miles that spends most of its life in the garage. I have a house in Newport, RI but I am living in Austin, TX at the moment. My car is with me in Austin but I am coming up in July for a wedding on Long Island (shipping the car to Boston), for some service by LarryB, and to go to a few car shows. I'll be up there for the entire month so if you plan a meet keep me in mind.

-Todd

Hahaha, Dave you're such a snob. Oh, I can't drive my car on a nice drive because I'm Mr. Badass Track Star. LOL

Hahaha, Dave you're such a snob. Oh, I can't drive my car on a nice drive because I'm Mr. Badass Track Star. LOL

LOL... A nice drive would be OK. I just think that meet I setup got a bit boring after a while. There needs to be something fun to do.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to sound like a jerk.

Somebody has to get this started, so I recommend Saturday, May 22nd at Beavertail. It's a great spot for photos and easy to get to. We can then take a drive from there to Newport if people are up for it. The roads are in pretty good shape too, which I can't say for Ocean Drive in Newport.

Gary

I'm in! Let's make it happen.
Bob

I'm in Swansea, MA. Keep me posted on a meet date. I would like to make it.
Nick

Well, It's getting late and we need a time and a place. So, I'll make the "executive" decision and say we'll meet at Beavertail (Jamestown, RI) on Saturday at 2 PM. That should give NSXers enought time to detail their baby and get to the event. If anyone needs directions, PM me. It's a great photo op if the weather is nice. From there, we can tour Newport or something. I picked Saturday, so if the weather doesn't cooperate, we can have a rain date on Sunday afternoon. Let's get a list of who's in.

Gary

Its not a good day for me and the distance is also a bit far for me.

The best way to set this up is like I did it last time, with some notice and post a poll... the poll should have several days on it that this can be done, and choose the day that gets the most votes. You will never be able to get everyone. I really am thinking the distance might be a bit much for some MA guys, and certainly for NH guys. I'd post a poll and pick a place, then post a poll and pick a date. Unless it is all too much effort.... I put a lot in last time to gather up 13 NSX's. This isn't socal... LOL...

We ended up have 4 cars show up.

It was great to meet you all, and it was especially nice to be able to talk about the NSX for 3 hours and not have people get bored with the conversation.

I look forward to the next get together.

Last edited:
Gary's got to post the pic of the painter in the Ford van with the NSX plate frame. Too funny.

Thanks for coming out, had a great time.

Back