• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any thoughts on this 92 NSX on Ebay? JH4NA1152NT000444

This is my frist post here on prime. I have been searching around the forum trying to get as much information on the NSX as possible. I have been through a few cars in my life and the NSX has always captivated me, though I have never driven or saw one in real life. I am looking for the perfect car for me as I love the drving experiance. Im in no hurry to find one, but this ebay ad caught my eye. It is a one owner 92 nsx which appears to be in decent shape. I have contacted the seller and he said he is selling the car for a female friend who is not internet savy. Plus she has maintanince records, but not sure of what they are. Asked the seller to provide more photos but he never responded to request.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blac...1847824?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4164abb110

This one caught my eye as well when posted. I email to ask what it would take for me to buy it 'today' and asked if the timing belt had been changed. The answer was $2,400 and belt has not been changed. I then responded to confirm that he intended $24,000 and received no response. I followed up the next day asking about the tires and asked him to call me on my mobile. I received an answer that the tires are fine....no call or any other info.

Note that it says payment via paypal in the description. Usually it would mention something about the deposit.

Just a few red flags....so beware.

The vin does not pull up anything on prime or via google search. Doesn't look like it has been mentioned anywhere. Perhaps someone can run a carfax on it or someone nearby can do a visual inspection on it. If it is legit and a PPI comes out clean, it could be a real nice purchase for someone.

I would continue to try and contact the seller for more info. If they don't respond, I'd move on. Also beware if the seller wants you to send paypal payment as a "gift" to avoid fees. There is a thread in the buyer/seller experiences section covering this topic.:frown: And keep in mind that on top of the 2k+/- it'll need for the TB/WP, you'll likely need another 2-3k in other things to get it up to date. Don't forget that you'll also need to get the ABS sorted out which can be $$$ depending on who you take it to (dealer vs indie cert. NSX mech.). Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks guys for the help. Carfax looks to be clean. It would be awsome if there was someone near by willing to check this out. I am going to try and contact the owner again to see if I can get some more information on this NSX.

Pass on this car - it is obviously some kind of BS. 24000 - are you kidding? Owner is not computer savy - few pictures - can't talk with anyone.....HELLOOOOOOO - does this not raise an eyebrow - maybe a little funny feeling in your stomach - maybe a little red flag....mmmmmm. 24000 for a 92 with 43k miles - ought to be worth, if there is no accident history, 28k. Now maybe they just want to dump the car - she got a good deal - and maybe you want to try and see it. If persist and you don't get an answer it is BS. I'd be careful but maybe just maybe you've found one that is real - maybe. I'd just be really careful here - if someone on Prime lives in the area and can get by there - that would be really good at least then you could verify it's a real car.

Pass on this car - it is obviously some kind of BS. 24000 - are you kidding? Owner is not computer savy - few pictures - can't talk with anyone.....HELLOOOOOOO - does this not raise an eyebrow - maybe a little funny feeling in your stomach - maybe a little red flag....mmmmmm. 24000 for a 92 with 43k miles - ought to be worth, if there is no accident history, 28k. Now maybe they just want to dump the car - she got a good deal - and maybe you want to try and see it. If persist and you don't get an answer it is BS. I'd be careful but maybe just maybe you've found one that is real - maybe. I'd just be really careful here - if someone on Prime lives in the area and can get by there - that would be really good at least then you could verify it's a real car.

x2...gotta get a visual inspection to know its legit. If so, it could be a great car for someone.

Looks like quite a few eyes have been watching this one too. :) I emailed earlier asking if he'd be willing to let someone pre-pay for a PPI and coordinate getting 'er done. No response yet but will share what I hear because I am a nice guy even though all is fair in love and NSX.

Looks like quite a few eyes have been watching this one too. :) I emailed earlier asking if he'd be willing to let someone pre-pay for a PPI and coordinate getting 'er done. No response yet but will share what I hear because I am a nice guy even though all is fair in love and NSX.

Thank you. Contacted him again asking for a phone number where I could reach him at. If I hear anything back from him I post so we know if its real or not.... I am actually kinda close to ur region of PA. Located in Tyrone PA. Its btwn State College and Altoona PA. About and hour an half away from you. Quick question do you own an NSX? Would like to find someone local, that I could come an check out there car. Pm me back so I dont get this off topic.

It takes big ones to buy a car sight unseen.

the consecutive sentences staring with "it" and "the," as well as the overly simple sentence structure tells me this is a scam.

Back