• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody has Recaro Pole Position ABE?

I'm still trying to find a good way to mount the seat belt buckle thru that tiny hole. I don't particularly feel safe having the buckle so far from the body.

Henry.

Henry,

This is a problem on all racing seat installations I have seen, except for the OEM NSX-R/S seats. I intend to replace my seat belt system with cam lock harnesses once my new seats come in, to avoid exactly this issue. I purchased this:

supermorimori-img600x450-1193059846nsx__ro-ruba-1_001.jpg

to mount the harnesses.

In the past I had a porsche with 4-point belts, and it was a hassle, primarily due to the older 'lever-style' belts, but now with camlocks a simple 1/4 twist of the central buckle releases the belts. You can opt to only use the sub-belt for spirited driving, which means your clipping in 3 belts (cam is attached to the fourth), and can get out of them quickly.

The Pole Position ABE is the only seat approved for road use (TUV approval). The other Recaro seats are for motorsports only.

"All Recaro motorsport shells are FIA approved to 8855-1999. The Pole Position seat, is the only competition seat with ABE (TUV) approval for road car use when fitted with Recaro side mount brackets and tailored fitting kit. The seat features: Excellent lateral support, wider seat cushion area for improved comfort. Specially moulded foam back rest provides improved support for competition and performance driving. G.R.F compound construction. 5 harness slots. Side mount only. Black Shell. Weight 7.0kg."

I have Recaro Pole Positions ABE fitted in my car :biggrin:

Speedy, what rails are you using for your pole position abe? Can you confirm the difference in size between the normal pole position and pole position abe?

Any pics? :biggrin:

Henry.

Back