• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Anyone else going to Laguna Seca 6/30-7/1?

I suffered a few delays and now my car won't be ready in time :(

I was really looking forward to it earlier this year.

Do you have any more HPDEs planned later this year?

I'm going back to Laguna Seca with the POC Aug 24-25. There are probably a few more possibilities in between then as well.

I would have loved to be able to go, but I can't.. Be sure you guys have quiet enough exhausts though!!!

I would have loved to be able to go, but I can't.. Be sure you guys have quiet enough exhausts though!!!
+1 this is precisely why I haven't run at Laguna for years, even though I'm only 90min. away. Have fun and good luck keeping it below 92db.

+1 this is precisely why I haven't run at Laguna for years, even though I'm only 90min. away. Have fun and good luck keeping it below 92db.

I normally run headers, high flow cats and Taitech GTLW exhaust.
It's easy to pass sound. I simply remove my Taitec GTLW and put on my stock exhaust.

I normally run headers, high flow cats and Taitech GTLW exhaust.
It's easy to pass sound. I simply remove my Taitec GTLW and put on my stock exhaust.

Passenger side view video of ryneen's first session on Sunday morning, damp track and overcast, full tank of gas and an extra 170lbs of ballast on the passenger seat to equalize the weight distribution of the car :p, even with all that he was able to pull off some 1:41's, :cool: (sadly no GPS telemetry data, without the GPS cradle, Harry's laptimer on the iPhone that I had in my pocket was a bit erratic with the data acquisition, resulting on DashWare getting confused trying to parse the data)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-sYffQKNpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even down on power with the UBER WIMPY(TM) OEM exhaust ryneen maximized corner exit speed, by the 2nd session he passed almost every 997GT3 that was there with the exception of a 4.0L 997.2 GT3RS that was on Ho-ho's that was doing 1:34's IIRC.

Maybe ryneen will post more GoPro Video's with the Traqmate data, once he figures out how to integrate the data with the video from his GoPro camera.

Thanks for posting the vid, looks like you guys had some fun out there. I'm going to have to break down and pick myself up a stock exhaust so I can get back there. Its just too close to home to ignore. Looking forward to running with you guys real soon I hope. I'm hoping to get back to Sears Point on 08/04 with the Shelby Club. Sure would be great if you guys could join in on the fun.

OAN How did you imbed that youtube?

That made my night. Thanks for sharing. How smooth Ryneen is really made me wish you had the phone's acelerometer plugged so I could see his braking points. Fun nontheless!!!

btw.. that stock exhaust sounds great lol
Passenger side view video of ryneen's first session on Sunday morning, damp track and overcast, full tank of gas and an extra 170lbs of ballast on the passenger seat to equalize the weight distribution of the car :p, even with all that he was able to pull off some 1:41's, :cool: (sadly no GPS telemetry data, without the GPS cradle, Harry's laptimer on the iPhone that I had in my pocket was a bit erratic with the data acquisition, resulting on DashWare getting confused trying to parse the data)

Even down on power with the UBER WIMPY(TM) OEM exhaust ryneen maximized corner exit speed, by the 2nd session he passed almost every 997GT3 that was there with the exception of a 4.0L 997.2 GT3RS that was on Ho-ho's that was doing 1:34's IIRC.

Maybe ryneen will post more GoPro Video's with the Traqmate data, once he figures out how to integrate the data with the video from his GoPro camera.

Back