• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone fitted obx headers!?

I think Swerve was trying to tell you to look at aftermarket headers that were designed for the 95-05 NSX, even if you have a NSX 91-94. You can use these headers by getting an adapter pipe from Dali or SOS. The aftermarket 95-05 NSX headers do not usually have the flex joint design. The flex joint design is prone to failure, not matter who makes them (Comptech, DC, etc.)

He was not talking about OEM headers. But you can also go that route if you like.

A friend of mine got the 95-05 OBX headers for his 1991 NSX. He had to get an adapter pipe from Dali. He also had to resurface the headers where the headers meets the engine block. It only costed him $50 to resurface both headers.

Love my Topspeed. I think I paid $550 for them a year ago. Fitment was bang on and sound and performance gained was best bang for the buck mod I did in recent memory.

10K kms so far without issues other than the pipes turning a nice, cool blue tint.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" is BS. Being in the retail business all my life I've seen the same product selling from $100 - $500 . Talk to people that have firsthand knowledge of the product and nothing to gain from their opinion. Many were bad mouthing Topspeed when they first appeared but now say they're ok. could happen with obx. Time will tell. Without much history , it's a gamble. Many of these products are made by the same manufactuer and sold under different names. China can do some quality work at really low cost.

OK , here is the scoop , I have installed topspeed and OBX nsx headers , they sure look like the same product , same welding , same looking tag with different words on them - However - the OBX does not come with O2 wires , and is missing the O2 bung on the rear header , they fit fine .

As far as materials , I am sure they are the same , bottom line is you will NOT see a factory in china with either the topspeed or OBX name in it.

I have just installed the top speed headers on my 96' nsx,fitment was good but had to wobble out one hole for the cat.The headers where heavy duty[no weight deduction]and looked like DC headers,quality was excellent,performance was very noticeable at hi rpm's and low end tork.They also made my Dali exhaust[ $650.] sound alsome :smile: I bought the headers directly from top speed in dallas for[$550. ]they came in a unmarked box rapped in SOS packaging :rolleyes: for a total of [$1200.] that sounds and proforms as good as the hi dollar systems.

That's a pretty bold statement - you have already heard that we can be pretty sure OBX and topspeed are one and the same, that people are pushing 700+ hp through them , and I myself have installed many sets without issue (besides the missing o2 bung (which costs about $3) - there are those who want to pay for brand names and there are those who just want results - luckily there are products out there to suit everyone.

I installed OBX headers on my car a few months ago. The fitment wasn't bad. The rear header was close to the speed sensor heat shield, but that's due to my car being an automatic. I had plenty of space around my cross members. Shockingly the welds on my header were actually pretty decent. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase, and I only paid $250 headers (plus an addition $40 to get an additional bung welded).

Back