• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone got an extra front license plate bracket they want to get rid of?

If anyone in Houston has one that they don't need or want to get rid of, please contact me. I'm going to need one for my new plates. Thanks!

Tom

If you have to buy, I would go with either of the SOS brackets. They hang below the bumper. The OEM is right in front of the bumper and scratches the paint. Free is a different issue, especially if you're just putting it on for inspection. I never had issues in Texas without my front plate, including going on base and my annual inspection. Illinois has proved to be a different story. Pulled over twice in a little more than a month in my Mini for no front plate. Needless to say it has one now and the NSX will be wearing one when I get her out soon in the spring.

Go with SOS for sure.

Yes, I have one...but why would you put a front plate on an NSX?

You know that disrupts air flow aerodynamics at high speeds and can jeopardize your stability...thus jeopardizing your life.

Seriously, hit me up if you want to put a buck-tooth on the front of your rolling art work. :)

George

- - - Updated - - -

This one, right?

I have several cars without front plates and have never had an issue, even when being pulled over for other reasons.

I hate having a front plate, but the police in my area are very strict; they'll ticket you for doing 40 in a 35 mph zone, so I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over. I went with SOS' angled bracket, which looks pretty nice.

I have a SOS front license plate bracket kit that I will be posting in the classified section soon...$50 + shipping...or wait two weeks and I will be in Houston! :D

Last edited:
Back