• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Anyone Have Tein Mono Flex Coilovers?

Im curious if anyone has Tein Mono Flex coilovers and what settings they are running? Im not getting the EDFC controller so I will have to set them one time and be good with it. I dont drive the car much so there is no need for the EDFC IMO. Thanks!

I replaced my flex with mono flex and although stiffer , they actually ride smoother, probably due to the fact that they are monotube vs. twin tube
I have mine on halfway setting all around , but could easily go stiffer

I replaced my flex with mono flex and although stiffer , they actually ride smoother, probably due to the fact that they are monotube vs. twin tube
I have mine on halfway setting all around , but could easily go stiffer

I noticed your from vancouver.... I lived in vancouver for 5 years and I miss it big time. I still consider it my second home, even though I sold my place there.

Back to the coilovers what height settings do you have them at? I know im going to have to adjust for my car, but it would be nice to get a close baseline so I dont have to adjust them 100 times LOL. My coilovers on my charger were really easy since the rears were all the way down so I just had to adjust the fronts.

In the instructions it will give you a baseline setting for the heigth. I followed that pretty close then I cornerweighted the car. I would reccomend the same.

I have the edfc and usually drive around with the setting on middle.

In the instructions it will give you a baseline setting for the heigth. I followed that pretty close then I cornerweighted the car. I would reccomend the same.

I have the edfc and usually drive around with the setting on middle.

I dont know if there is anyone that can cornerweight my car in my city... im almost betting there isn't. But then again there are alot of guys that do that circle track racing around here so maybe. Thanks for the reply.

You don't need to cornerweigh after you install the coilovers unless you're going to hit the race track. Just get a good four wheel alignment so you don't eat up your tires.

You don't need to cornerweigh after you install the coilovers unless you're going to hit the race track. Just get a good four wheel alignment so you don't eat up your tires.

Agree you do not HAVE to corner balance but you would be defeating the purpose of a 'sports car' not to. I have seen dozens of cars with DIY suspension kits installed that were off up to a hundred #'s + per corner after install, then again some that had near perfect weights after but unless you scale the car you will never know. PUREVIL, yep most any serious roundy rounder will have scales or know where to access. It's no big deal to check and adjust corner and cross weight. Also if you want to do it correctly disconnect the sway bars prior.

Back