• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone hear both the v5.1 and Pride V2?

Hey guys.

So I've been wanting to get either of these exhaust soon. I've heard the v5.1 in person and I thought it was really loud. On the other hand there have been a couple reviews on the v2 saying its not that loud? (with testpipes). Has anyone heard both of them before? The only comment I found that argues the pride does not have the same "f1 sound" is from a member trying to sell his v5.1.

Cheers

I had the 5.1 and now have the pride V1 both with test pipes. The 5.1 had a higher pitch. Sounded really nice cruising right around 3800/4000 rpms, but was a bit more raspy than the pride. I wanted a little less rasp which is why I switched.

I just put the Pride V.2 on my 91 (full review coming soon) and I like the sound. The big thing for me was NO RASP. I found that the Pride V.2 was the only exhaust that would provide a deep rumble at lower RPM's and get progressively higher pitched as the RPM increases while emitting NO RASP.

I looked into the 5.1 and while the pitch sounded nice, I just didn't want the raspiness on deceleration.

The car is also 100% stock.

I would recommend the Pride hands down and Mark at Pride is a super guy as well.

Last edited:
I have the V2 on my stock 05 NSX and absolutely love it!

The sound is not loud by any means. It is very subtle...very classy sound!

There is absolutely no "raspiness." This is why I went with the V2. Mine doesn't have any drone to it either!

You will not be disappointed if you are looking for a "non-ricey" sounding exhaust. I promise!

Thanks for the responses.

I'm guessing those who run the v2 without a testpipes don't have raspiness. The v5.1 I heard was quite loud and to my taste. I hope the v2 is similar in volume with testpipes, since quite a few people think it's not loud at all.

The V.2 is quite loud and aggressive outside the car but in the in cabin volume is quite low. Also worth noting is that there is very little drone with my setup (stock 91 w/ stock cats).

Back