• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone here into boats?

With all the maintenance of an F-14, too! Might as well buy an F car.

Funny you say that...we are not used to that in the NSX world.
One hour of boating fun, 4 hours of cleaning and wrenching.
BUT NO SPEED LIMITS on the Gulf of Mexico!

hmmm fast boat...Mexico....:eek:

Looks fast, even suspended in the air!!!

Brings back memories ..my buddy had a 32 cigarette with 454's...we used to go "turn and burn" on the great south bay LI..

Before kids I had a fast Glastron. She would do 100mph (my goal with it) but it had to be smooth as glass and it was super sketchy. I got a video of it out on a lake but it won’t load. Use to throw a 50-60’ wall o water and dam it was thirsty!

Attachments

• A413C346-BF73-4940-8922-FE82FFD938B4.jpeg
    A413C346-BF73-4940-8922-FE82FFD938B4.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1D3A16FE-D42D-4923-A6F9-6FBD77D06769.jpeg
    1D3A16FE-D42D-4923-A6F9-6FBD77D06769.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
From my memories any big motor glastron was a hair raiser in any chop

For sure it’s basically flat on the bottom. But man did she fly almost literally a few times. It basically tried to kill me every time I took it out.

Picked up a 210 Sea Ray for the summer I’m putting a rack on it for wake boarding/tubing better for the little ones. Probably hang on this one a lil while I got a killer deal on it so I can use it a few years and sell it for what I got in it a spring or two from Now. As long as I don’t break it lol.

Last edited:
I re-entered the world of boat ownership in September of 2020. I already sold that one and bought a larger one as I needed twin screw, generator, and AC. I can cross over the Gulfstream to the Bahamas and enjoy a long weekend if I want too now.

I figure by next summer I'll be living aboard an even larger boat as real estate prices are sky high and I can more than double what I paid for my house. Plus there's no property tax on a boat.

Last edited:
Move your office to the boat, just think of the possibilities!!!

Had a boat. Sold it. Discovered something better....friends with boats.
All of the fun, none of the headache.

haha boat=grandchildren

Back