• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone insure yet?

My insurance renewal with ICBC is due in a few days. Total cost without an accident free discount would amount to approx $5,000/year on my 1991 model. :mad:
Is the insurance appreciably higher for a more recent model? :confused:

omg, 5000 a year.. I think if you were to get a newer one it would be more, my 91 costs me about 2300.00 with everything... for a year..

I pay approx $2800 a year for 3 vehicles in Alberta. The NSX is the cheapest at about $750 but it is parked for 4 months of the year. I hate insurance companies but I guess I shouldn't complain too much since it looks like insurance is higher in BC and Sask.

Caveman said:
I pay approx $2800 a year for 3 vehicles in Alberta. The NSX is the cheapest at about $750 but it is parked for 4 months of the year. I hate insurance companies but I guess I shouldn't complain too much since it looks like insurance is higher in BC and Sask.
what coverage do you get for $750 and is that for a full year?

nsx-tech said:
what coverage do you get for $750 and is that for a full year?

My yearly rate on the NSX is $986 but since it is parked for 4 months during which time I only carry fire & theft it is reduced by about $250. I pay about $1200 a year for my 03 CLS and $800 a year for my 03 Chev truck. I have full coverage on all my vehicles but I keep a fairly high deductible ($1000 collision and $500 comprehensive). I also insure my house with the same company and get a multi vehicle/multi policy discount .... or so I have been told. :rolleyes:

I have never made a claim in my 30 years of driving (neither has my wife .. the CLS is hers) and have been with the same Insurance company for the last 10 years or so. I haven't shopped around all that much but the other insurance companies I did check were all in the same ball park.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the rate I pay for the NSX. I checked the rates before I purchased the car but doudt I would have changed my mind if the insurance was 2 or even 3 times more ... although I would have had a hard time justifying $5000. :eek:

Did I mention I hate Insurance Companies? :wink:

Just to clarify, the $5,000 annual insurance fee is without any safe-driver discount. At the most cost-effective end of the scale (with a record of at least 10 years of no accidents), the insurance premium is reduced to approx. $2,600 (includes $3,000,000 liability, $300 deductible).
This still seems awfully high in my opinion for a 1991 NSX witrh a mkt. value probably approximating $40,000
Marc

I think I pay around $1600/year for a 91 with State Farm in Ontario. That's with 6 star rating, multi-car (3 cars), and multi-line (house+car) discounts. I think my deductibles are $500/$250. My actual amount is lower, since I keep only theft/fire while the car is in the garage for the winter.

The weather has been kind of nice lately, and it is tempting me to get my cars out early.....

Yeah I know.. I couldn't resist yesterday and pulled it out for a quick spin around the neighbourhood. My excuse was that I was making sure the battery was fully charged :biggrin:

I insured mine for a day yesterday....it was so worth it.

It is tough to not drive the car.....I actually took out the '91 last week (I hardly drive it anymore, I drive the '94) and was happy to get behind the wheel, but I really missed being able to shift like in my '94. :(

prova4re said:
A year of full coverage cost me $2,200 with 6 points and 7 cars on my policy.

My car should be back to daily driver duty in March....we need to set up a gathering or something.

Insured Feb 25/2005!
Nice weather here in Edmonton, so I'm drivin her.
Ed, get that Prelude out of my way!
Trev

ffffanman said:
Insured Feb 25/2005!
Trev

Way to go! I've been thinking the same thing but probably will wait another few weeks just to be safe. :frown:

Good on ya, Trev!

Mine is stored off-site so I will probably wait until April 1st to go bail her out.

I have been ordering go-fast goodies over the winter. Some have arrived, some are still to come: StopTech aerorotors, Cobalt Friction GT Sport pads all around, Bilsteins, Dali air deflectors... :cool:

ffffanman said:
Insured Feb 25/2005!
Trev

Got your messaged yesterday.....Great to here Trev that you are out and driving around on a beautiful Sunday.. Unfortunately, I won't have my car out until late March or early April so the Prelude might still get in your way.... :biggrin:

off topic ..
Trev while you enjoying your Sunday drive..
I was playing in a paintball tourny
start 7:00 am finish 9:00 pm
11 cases of paint (22000 paintballs)
13 games played (8 round robin, 2 semi finals, 3 finals)
4th place finish (rookie)

I have both of mine out....started about a month ago...I could not take it anymore. :biggrin:

Back