• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know where I can purchase the OEM Titanium Key Uncut?

Can't you still buy them at any Acura dealer? (Granted, they probably don't keep them in stock, so it would take a day or two to order one...) Part number is 35113-SL0-A11.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the main difference between this key and the oem key? Is it just made out of a different metal?

sanglee24 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the main difference between this key and the oem key? Is it just made out of a different metal?
This is the OEM key.

The '91-96 NSX came from the factory with three keys: one all-metal key, one "normal" Acura key (metal key with a plastic head), and - IIRC - one "valet" Acura key which works on the doors and ignition, not glove compartment or trunk.

Beginning in '97, the NSX has an immobilizer system which requires a key with a chip in the head, so they stopped using the all-metal key.

You can read more about the all-metal key (and see a picture) in the FAQ (click on FAQ in the red bar above). Click on General Info, then on NSX Keys.

Hi

We had a "group buy" here some time ago. We got it for a normal Acura dealer.

Here you go

I got it from South Coast Acura. I did not get it precut as he could not "pull my code". But I got a local shop to fix it. No problem. He did not laser cut it in any way. It is just a normal key. But it looks so much cooler than the black plastic key. Well worth the money.

I guess for a those that are hardcore the key should be lighter to save weight, but I think it feels nice to have a key that has some weight.

I park my NSX for 6 months in the winter and sometimes I just carry the key in my pocket just because it makes me smile :biggrin:

Regards

Would the titanium key work on a 97+ if you had the chip-equipped valet key on the same keychain (so maybe 2" outside of the ignition)? I keep the regular and valet keys on the same chain, but would like to swap the regular for a titanium if it didn't effect anything.

Stick-e-rice said:
Anyone know where I can purchase the OEM Titanium Key Uncut?

Any Acura dealer can order it, I just got one a few months ago.
They will cut too if you like, if they have a Key Machine. He said they don't like to because its really hard on the cutter.

-j-

DON'T PERPETUATE THE MYTH THAT THE KEY IS TITANIUM.....

See the FAQ...the key is made of monel, a nickel alloy.

Lighten up..it's what many people refer to that key as, since the dealers used to tell customers that's what it was. I do not think this really reaches myth status.

DON'T PERPETUATE THE MYTH THAT THE KEY IS TITANIUM.....

See the FAQ...the key is made of monel, a nickel alloy.

mythbusters.jpg

For future reference, the metal key is Honda part # 35113-SL0-A11.

Available whereever Acura parts are sold. :)

A good discount parts house should be able to get you one for around $80.

Does anybody have a source for a genuine titanium (made out of Ti) key blank for Honda/Acura?

The NSX key is nice, but it is heavy....I'd like something lighter

Drew

The NSX key is nice, but it is heavy....I'd like something lighter

Hi

I think that is what is nice about it. It feels so much nicer than the plastic ones.

Regards

The "Ti key" is just a nickname.
I bought a spare blank today.
I made a little wood stand for my Ti con rod last year,
thought I would put a notch in it & stand the key up next to the rod.
Interesting "Art" on my desk at work.
I get quite a few comments on it! 1/2 can tell its Ti by just picking it up.
The other 1/2 dont know what to make of it? :tongue:

Should be here tomorrow.:biggrin:

Key info.....

I tried to buy a key from the SoCal dealer who used to sell "buy it now" NSX keys on E-bay. He said he would not be selling anymore as they are on back order. He said he had to send his last batch back as they had fingerprints and flaws in the finish. And may not be available in the future so he would not be selling any more.

I called my local Acura dealership. The parts guy said, yes I can order them. I said great! How many are available. He said 4 maybe six. I said, OK I will take 'em (up to 6). (Keep a couple, trade a couple, cool gift etc.)
The 6 keys showed up in small sealed bags with a blue Inspection sticker's.
These had minor flaws or fingerprints in the finish. I called the parts guy back and explained the situation. He said 4 more had come in (accidental double order from their parts dept) He said I could come down for an exchange.
(cool parts guy) These were bagged differently. No Blue inspection sticker. To make a long story short, out of 10 keys total I ended up with (3). If you get a new key with a Blue inspection sticker, It may have been returned, inspected and re-bagged. So check your new 91-96 NSX keys. Not sure if their going to make any more? Anyone here have ties with Acura parts?:confused:

so where is the best place to get these from? i've noticed them hovering right around $90...

Back