• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone knows about this black 99' w/57,000 miles

salvage by accident in 2010

where did you guys get the salvaged conclusion from?

I did a search and come up nothing.

I went to see the car in person the front bumper is misaligned like it was hit from the front . The guy tried to tell me it was hit from the rear and only had the bumper replaced it was missing an exhaust pipe and a salvaged title.

It has been well over a year since this last post, but the car is for sale here in El Paso, TX. Is there any more info you all can give on this car. I am very tempted to stop by and take a look at it this weekend if possible. He is FIRM at $26K with 60K miles. Sound a little too good to be true?

Sound a little too good to be true?
No - sounds like a valid price for damaged goods.

As to whether you are content with damaged goods or not depends on:
[a] getting a professional, experienced NSX mechanic determine just how damaged the goods are
how you feel about having a less than perfect car. If you are going to drive the snot out of it, will probably be great. If you plan to baby it in the garage, it might make you less happy.

Just my 2 cents.

Words of advise - you get what you pay for and these salvaged vehicles are like opening pandora's box.

I agree but if done by the proper builder your good to go.

I would only buy a car I built. LOL

Words of advise - you get what you pay for and these salvaged vehicles are like opening pandora's box.

Thank you for the advice. I feel this is a true statement from the threads I've read here. I still may go to look at it this weekend.

I agree but if done by the proper builder your good to go.

I would only buy a car I built. LOL

I think pretty much anyone of us considering a rebuilt NSX would prefer one built by you...lol. As most, I've always searched prime but registered last year while deployed thinking my day is coming closer. Do you think I should still take a look at it? He salesman said it was hit in the rear and that is all he knows.

Since I've got a month of AutoCheck, figured I could help out with this snippet. It looks to me like the car was hit then salvaged, then rebuilt just to get hit again :frown: :

05/01/2010 SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Lien Reported)
06/18/2010 CA
State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
10/22/2010 CRESTON, CA

Police Report ACCIDENT REPORTED (Case #:2010100052)
11/22/2010 CA

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Leased Vehicle)
SALVAGE
07/15/2011 EL PASO, TX

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/03/2011 EL PASO, TX

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:07101440737131714)
REBUILT/REBUILDABLE
SALVAGE
PRIOR SALVAGE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
02/08/2012 CA

State Agency ACCIDENT REPORTED, Event Date is date reported to AutoCheck
06/12/2012 EL PASO, TX
Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION
08/02/2012 EL PASO, TX

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
REBUILT/REBUILDABLE
SALVAGE
PRIOR SALVAGE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

Having just gone thru the buying process a few weeks ago... I am glad I avoided the great temptation to buy a salvage title... but I will keep the car as a garage queen.

on the other hand.... I now see what it takes to take a beautiful car and make it a "salvage", and it is NOT MUCH!!! meaning the damage to the car may not have been all that much in some cases.

I am NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS.... but I have to believe in many cases..... what in most cars would be a fender bender... is a magor ordeal with an NSX. You have to believe the owners all want them "totaled" as opposed to fixed.

depends on your intentions for the car... I intend to keep mine for a very long time.. so I looked for a straight title, low mileage (38,000 miles 1995), but if I just wanted to "get in and get out", there were a couple salvage cars I was considering.

as with so many things in life... "price fixes everything"

salvage title may limit your , or the person who buys from you someday, the ability to finance the car, but I have to think toys like this are basically paid for in cash... but it is something to consider.

Back