• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone near NYC know of this car? jh4na1157mt002866

Re: Anyone near NYC know of this car?

I would like to know why the seller is getting rid of it after owning it only since 4/14/11.

Car has been local to me all it's life and I don't recall ever seeing it. Find out what dealer has been servicing it. A local car for 20 years that has not been worked on by Larryb would be unusual.

Last edited:
Re: Anyone near NYC know of this car?

That's an awful lot of wear on the bolster for that amount of mileage....just sayin'

Tranny service and 60k service at Acura of Westchester.

Clutch replaced at Curry Acura

If you're serious about this car, arrange to have Larry B come down and inspect it for you, it'll be well worth your while. Pay now and know what you're getting into, or pay later with an open checkbook. If the car is worth buying, you'll know after it's been inspected properly!!

Thought I'd find this car's VIN on here somewhere. I'm also curious as to why it didn't receive any offers.

If it sits around until November, and checks out, I may see about buying it.

the seat is a very easy fix....if the car is otherwise honestly presented all it means is the owner/owners never cared for the leather and most likely someone was of large body habitus:wink:

Is there anyone in the greater NYC metropolitan area that wouldn't care taking a look at this car?

The owner and I have touched base and I'd like a keener eye on the car.

all it means is the owner/owners never cared for the leather and most likely someone was of large body habitus:wink:

I am beginning to think that car was owned by someone who worked in my former office complex. His name was Lou and he was on the large size of the scale. I moved out of that complex almost 4 years ago and haven't seen Lou in all that time but if it is his former car he did take care of it and I can see how his girth would wear out any upholstery.

Good thing my girth won't do the same! :eek::biggrin:

I'd probably have it repaired fairly soon after. The car looks good from the ad which didn't get much attention at all. Just would like to have a closer look at it before going for a PPI.

going to be tough for one of us to get to see it since we are all headed to nsxpo :biggrin:

well in the near term maybe the "dimsum" xpo owners could check it out:wink:

"I beg your pardon!!!"
Doc, I'll bring some chicken feet just for you. :smile:

lol ,you missed Bailey's post about the guys not able to attend this year.

Usafdarkhorse,

I can check it for you. It's only a bout 25 mins from me. I can do it this upcoming Sunday Afternoon. Let me know.

Simon (PM me)

tagging.... this one had my interest too.

Sorry to hear. Hope the NSX turns out well, it will make you feel better about this whole girth issue lol.

:biggrin:

Usafdarkhorse,

I can check it for you. It's only a bout 25 mins from me. I can do it this upcoming Sunday Afternoon. Let me know.

Simon (PM me)

Let me talk with him and see if that would be doable. I appreciate the offer.

As I just purchased this car..... I well might as well get the paper trail going in the digital space ;)

Just to address the issues stated above.
Bolster was worn from a heavy set man
Quick turn around from last seller was do to an opportunity 911 turbo from a friend
Trans was rebuilt with a new case in April 2000 20k (gotta say, this thing shifts like butter!)

Got a solid history with the car including a laminated original window sticker, original invoice and stack of dealership invoices. Nice to see some pride of ownership. previous owners Richard B., Sergio C., Ronald S. and now Paul W.

Had the car taken to Larry B (great guy!!!!) for a PPI prior to my trip out from California. I'll include more in my introduction and search!!! (yes another October owner...)

Last edited:
congrats! having Larry's blessing is a sound reason to buy.

Congrats! I would have liked this car but I'm not in a position work-wise to get away and purchase one yet and the owner didn't seem very interested in answering my phone calls...

Looked like a good car as far as I could tell through my computer monitor. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back