• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Own an NSX & a Supra TT: Need Advice!

Originally posted by Nimbus:
$5 will not get you 450hp on the Supra. You need at least a downpipe which costs beyond $5. It doesn't matter if you raise the fuel or increase the boost. A congested turbo will not boost high enough mechanically for 450hp.

Actually it will.You can punch your cat for free.Same result as installing a downpipe.Come to think of it it doesnt cost anything because all I did was pull my hoses to my wastegate actuator(free) and with the free fuel cut defenser,I was boosting 18-19 psi.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Originally posted by Khuang:
Let's see, the Viper has what size tires compare to the Supra, do the physics.
The Supra has bigger tires than the NSX,whats your point?

I am no expert driver, but according to Mario Andretti, the Viper ACR handling is not good in his comparision test with other sports car (F355, Zanardi NSX, Porsche and Vette). I think experts don't classify handling as the fastest time around the track.

I thought he was refering to the feel of the NSX being better than the others,not the handling.

The Supra finished 4th, great. That is mainly because he can drive well, the NSX driver sure did not impress anyone consider the SUV ran faster times. I am sure the NSX can beat a SUV easily but it did not happen at the one lap.

Damn,that SUV driver must be great to beat the NSX around the track.Did he beat the Supra?

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Do you have any factual evidence that supports this contention, or is this mere conjecture?

I don't mean to doubt you personally, but it sounds awfully far-fetched that Toyota would intentionally design the capability for an extra 100 hp, but intentionally not make it available (let alone that they would intentionally leave it attainable for $5, when they could have just as easily done this themselves). Dontcha think?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 July 2002).]

I don't think it is far fetched. This is the same type of thing Nissan did with the Skyline. They all seem to have strange reasons for doing this. I'm not saying it's true but I wouldn't doubt that Toyota planned it. I seriously doubt they didn't know the potential of there car.

Please don't let this turn into another Supra VS NSX.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 01 August 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Damn,that SUV driver must be great to beat the NSX around the track.Did he beat the Supra?

My point is the NSX handles so well for using such a small contact patch to the ground. This says alot about the chassis and mass distribution.

The R&T article was about the best handling car in the world not feel.

SUV driver must be good driver while NSX is not. You know when both drivers are good (Supra and SUV), who is going to win. All I am saying is NSX did not lose on the road course because the car sucks.

If I remember the SUV that I think you're talking about was a Surburban with a big LPE engine in it. The driver of it was kinda funny b/c he had to hold on to the side of the door (his hand outside) to keep from sliding around within the truck in the turns.

Pretty hilarious.

NSX = Classy & Refined
Supra = A car that has great numbers but they never seem to add up...Dyno Queen?
smile.gif

You can buy performance but you can't buy class. I'd pick the NSX.

*NOTE* This poster has a VERY bias opinion of Supra's

Just checked this post after being out of town for a week. I have to say I'm amazed at the number of replies and want to thank all of those that posted and sent e-mail responses to address my inquiry. At the same time I'm surprised how many replies there are that are irrelevant to my topic! More on that in a mintue...

Well I drove an NSX today for the first time. It was a 1999 with 12K miles. Yellow/Black and a VERY looking nice car! I was a bit dissappointed with the overall ride, although the thing looked incredible. To me it seemed a bit uncomfortable and way under-powered (anyone that thinks these can keep up with a Supra is dreaming!!). I'm going to test drive another one Monday with a supercharger on it--maybe this will help with the power issue.

After taking the time to read these 50+ posts to my thread I have to say I'm a bit surprised how many users felt compelled to bash the Supra. I came on here looking for honest input and instead am getting a lot of nonsensical babble. Here is my personal favorite of them all:

Originally posted by nsxtasy "The Supra has so much in common with other muscle cars such as the Mustang or Camaro/Firebird."

I'm still laughing about this one and may even have to place a link on the supra forums over to this thread just for that one and a couple others.

How anyone can even question the performance capabilities of the MKIV Supra? It has been established as one of the all time over-engineered sports cars! Unfortunately the prices on these cars reflect this fact and this is why pristine ones are selling for above their original window sticker value?

Sorry for venting here, but I came for advice and feel some of the comments towards the Supra are highly defensive (of the NSX) and/or just plane out ridiculous!

Originally posted by NW93TT:
I'm still laughing about this one and may even have to place a link on the supra forums over to this thread just for that one and a couple others.

The complete quote is:

The Supra has so much in common with other muscle cars such as the Mustang or Camaro/Firebird. They're all high-powered, heavy rear-wheel-drive cars, inexpensive to buy but expensive to insure, inexpensive to modify to awe-inspiring levels of power and acceleration, and with similar owner demographics as a result. So what's the big deal?

So which part are you taking issue with? Are you saying that the Supra isn't high powered? Isn't heavy? Isn't rear wheel drive? Isn't (relatively) inexpensive to buy? Isn't expensive to insure? Isn't inexpensive to modify to awe-inspiring levels of power and acceleration? Doesn't have similar owner demographics?

Tell us which parts you disagree with, and what exactly makes you laugh about a frank description of your beloved muscle car.

Originally posted by NW93TT:
Sorry for venting here, but I came for advice and feel some of the comments towards the Supra are highly defensive (of the NSX) and/or just plane out ridiculous!

That's odd, because I think people on this forum have given you excellent advice and have answered your questions in an even-handed manner, a far fairer reception than similar mention of the NSX has elicited on the Supra boards. Yet, you seem not to be satisfied. Perhaps your original intention was not to seek advice at all, but instead to lay the groundwork to incite a flame war? I say that because that's the only reason I can think of for you to put a link on the Supra forums to this topic, as you have threatened to do.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 August 2002).]

What nsxtasy is saying is pretty accurate and I don't find anywhere how this would be offensive.

Perhaps you should thicken your skin. You did ask what people thought. . .

There are many people who couldn't care less for the Supra. Just as there are some that feel the same way for the NSX. Some people think the Supra is a fat pig (which it is especially at stock weight and hp levels). . .some people think the NSX is an underpowered (which it is w/o hp adders)glorified Accord. Either way, hopefully you can make your own determinations or just deal with it.
smile.gif

I think you've gotten some good objective feedback so far.

I sure agree. There seems to be a pattern here; we've seen it on numerous occasions in the past. It seems like every time a Supra owner comes here claiming to be "just asking for advice", plenty of balanced information is provided, much of it actually quite complimentary towards the Supra. But the Supra owner then takes issue with anything negative said about the Supra, and tries to turn what had been a congenial discussion into a p**sing contest of "my car's better than your car". Sheesh. If you like the Supra better, then good for you! Keep it and enjoy it, and spend your time on the various Supra boards, instead of coming here to flame people who prefer a different car from yours.

You know what, it's about time you go and buy yourself another Supra, and keep it. Leave the NSX community out of this. I got rid of the 95 TT Supra to get the NSX, and like I said before, the Supra is slower, slower, and slower than the NSX in all my test, the turbos are deceptive, It makes you feel that it is going faster, but it is not, and if you want to put your money where your mouth is, then bring your stock supra, and I said again stock Supra, and we will race for some money vs my stock NSX, tell me what you think. But I think it is about time we let this topic die. Don't you guys agree.

Deagle,
I have to agree with you....This guy 9NW93TT) is obviously making a fool out of himself. I have lots of friends who have single turbo Supras, who are making way much more hp/tq than you, and I think who are much mature than you (Nw93TT). Learn how to appreciate a car before you purchase one. If you are just a plain hp junkie, go modify your Supra and stay out of this forum. I don't even know why are you attempting to compare a modified Surpa to a NSX.
JACK

Back