• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Sell Their NSX and Later Regretted It!

Not a GTR but another comparison:
A friend bought the latest Cayman GT4 but still has his SC NSX that he tracks often. He said he like the X better and I asked him to give me 3 reasons why:

.. Here is my top 3 reasons why I prefer driving NSX over GT4.

1. Power and weight advantage-60HP and 200lbs is very noticeable. X feels much more nimble, agile and responsive when pushed hard.
2. Raw driving experience-Excitement level is a bit higher when driven in X.
3. Open cockpit view-It makes you feel like you are piloting instead of driving. Also I prefer driving position of X
You can tell Greg, i'll take his GT4!

This thread makes me really curious to see if there are any "Any xxxx owners here ever owned and sold an NSX and now miss it" type threads in any GTR or Porsche forums. Or "any xxxx owners curious about the new NSX." Not being jokey but being honestly curious what the sentiments are from both the prior Nsx owners and the "If it ain't Porsche/GTR it's crap" types! Anyone know of any? Has to be some.

I am sure there are plenty but many don't post as it often gets into a keyboard fight. FWIW, Berto is doing a fine job annoying all the newer 'sports' cars up in Sears Point with his "25 yr old" 6 cyl. and Kip was up there as well until the Camaro:mad:....and Ryan's recent time at Laguna showed what a properly set up X chassis in a near stock NA along with his mad skills can do. Not to mention many more of the faster NSX time now and in the early days. There are many who don't track but went thru multiple bought-sold-rebought cycle saz a lot about the X.

Granted the analog X needs proper upgrades, not just mods, to keep up with the newer digital cars but its still quite capable. It can still be quick at the track but not as fast as the newer, higher hp cars. The fast as hell GTR is a big, heavy muscle car w/ 4wd, (steel body and steel wishbones? vs alum in the X). Some do care what the car is made of some don't. Even the new Camaro/Mustang/Challenger are fast on the track but they also weights a ton.

I am surprised by Greg's comment too after all the media propaganda of the GT4 I thought, hmm, perhaps thats my next sports car but i can see his point after driving and riding in many 911-type over the years.

Also keep in mind, many arent on here after they sell the car... only a rare occasion they check the forums other than the for sale section. so you wont have a full spectrum answer

Also keep in mind, many arent on here after they sell the car... only a rare occasion they check the forums other than the for sale section. so you wont have a full spectrum answer
A good indicator would be those who no longer own an NSX but are still here on Prime. Right DocL? :biggrin:

High Probability you will regret it, most do and end up coming back! My 3rd NSX!

I made the mistake twice!:frown:
The 1st time I got caught up in an Esprit V8 and wanted it Bad! Sold the NSX
then Enjoyed the Esprit V8 for about another 1.5 years then realized it just
didn't feel like an NSX, very good handling but I did not feel one with the car
as I did in my Red NSX. As most of you know, the hunt for another NSX is
always hard / time consuming..... Must have a lot of Patience to find "The One".

Got frustrated and pulled the trigger on a F355 Spider. Sounded Great, nice
handling but still did not feel like an NSX. Got even more frustrated so I went
ahead and bought a Brand New 2000 Monaco Blue from Greenwich Acura out
of the Dupont Registry. Loved it for 3 years and then had another run in with
wanting more Power! Worst Mistake Ever! Sold it and bought a Z06 which I
kept for 2 years then sold and always thought about my 00 Monaco Blue!

After several years of buying Sedans whether AMG or M Series, I finally came
to terms that I was never going to have that smile / feeling again until I get
another NSX. Took me about a good year to find "The One" and it happened
in early 2012! From that day forward I have told myself over and over that
I will have an NSX in my Garage until the Day I Kick The Bucket! If I have
any temptations or thoughts of another car, be sure to buy the new car 1st
then pass a probation period ... LOL.

The NSX has set the Bar for me for sure when driving any other car, I always
compare it to the beloved NSX.

There is nothing worse than trying to find again what you once had and enjoyed:biggrin:

I am still patiently awaiting for the return of my 00 Monaco back to Pappa! Some Day I Hope!

Good luck with your decision! GTR's are Very Nice, But do not think
that you will still have the similar fun factor as you do with your NSX!

Moral of the Story ...... I've Regretted it for Years after every sale of an NSX!!!!

This thread makes me really curious to see if there are any "Any xxxx owners here ever owned and sold an NSX and now miss it" type threads in any GTR or Porsche forums. Or "any xxxx owners curious about the new NSX." Not being jokey but being honestly curious what the sentiments are from both the prior Nsx owners and the "If it ain't Porsche/GTR it's crap" types! Anyone know of any? Has to be some.

+1
This is a selected audience and you are going to get answers based on this forum.

I haven't ever considered moving towards a GTR or Porsche, so I haven't prowled their forums, but I have been tempted by Ferraris and I can tell you that there are plenty of former NSX owners who have moved to a Ferrari and never looked back. Not to say that there aren't those who HAVE looked back, just that there are people who seem to have no regrets moving to a different car.

I miss my '91 that I sold back in 2010, but I miss the group drives and owner events more.

9 years since I sold my NSX, enjoyed the car to it's fullest both on the road as well as the racetrack during the 6 year ownership experience.

No point going back, too many other cars to drive and enjoy. Have owned a 2010 GT-R for close to 6 years now, just sold my 4th Porsche a couple of months ago and looking for the next track toy.

IMHO, ownership is more than just driving the car. It's the specific culture around the car and more importantly the people you meet because of it.

Some of the people I've met and friendships developed still shock me. i.e. ex-executives of Honda and genuine friends from all over the world. I consider that the biggest strength of being an NSX owner.

IMHO, ownership is more than just driving the car. It's the specific culture around the car and more importantly the people you meet because of it.

Some of the people I've met and friendships developed still shock me. i.e. ex-executives of Honda and genuine friends from all over the world. I consider that the biggest strength of being an NSX owner.

IMHO: Similar experiences can be had while owning other brand of vehicles as well:

For example:

Corvette Bash:
http://www.corvettemuseum.org/registration/bash/info.shtml

Oktoberfest for the BMW folks:
http://ofest.bmwcca.org/

PAG/PCNA hosts Rennsport Reunion:
http://porscherennsportreunion.com/

Once in a lifetime European Delivery experiences as well:
http://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/890180-my-european-delivery-gt4.html
http://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/890925-met-with-andreas-prueninger-in-weissach.html

Most auto enthusiasts are enthusiasts regardless of brand.

As an owner of other brands and a member of other clubs as well, I realize there is obviously the possibility to have similar experiences. But similar is not the same.

None have had the lasting impact on me that has come from being an NSX owner.

hmmm man crush on Ken Sax.............:tongue:.

The hunt is part of the fun but all you owners out there probably already know that. Once you finally have the car, that "high" you experienced is missed. You start hypothesizing selling in order to go in another direction and the hunt is on all over again... This might be the reason why many people sell their NSX in the first place and find that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence and grow to regret their decision to sell.

Some one supposed that other owners in other forums may talk as passionately about their cars as we all do about our NSX's and they are right. I used to own a long hood 911. Belonging to the early "S" registry I read similar opinions on that forum. The early 911's have a lot of attributes that newer cars just can't hope to have. Others have realized this and values of this car have more than tripled in the last 6 years. It's the same as how we all feel about the NSX. This is the main ingredient for appreciation both in terms of a personal attachment as well as on a financial level.

Have fun, enjoy what you do. Life is short.

I sold my NSX a few years back to a good friend. He owned it 10 months and barely drove it. It was the worst 10 months of my life. I've sold numerous cars with zero regrets but the NSX grasps your soul.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss my '91 that I sold back in 2010, but I miss the group drives and owner events more.

Wow, how time flies.

I haven't sold mine, but I sold my s2000 to buy my Nsx and missed it so much I had to buy another one.

This is me right here. I love the NSX I just bought, but I miss my S2000 terribly. My future car purchase plans are changing as a result. My plan is to run out the lease on my RLX, then see where the S2000 market is. I owned aN AP1, but next time would buy an AP2 post-2006. Of course, there are other daily driver options I am considering at that time such as 3G CTS-V, Trackhawk (if AWD), even a refreshed RLX to consider in two years when my lease is up. Well see....

i am am sure the pain of not having the S2000 will fade with time, but the wound is still fresh.

A good indicator would be those who no longer own an NSX but are still here on Prime. Right DocL? :biggrin:

I just saw this mention of me, and yeah I'll chime in a little.

NSX ownership is more than just the car itself. It's also about the community that you become a part of through the NSXCA and Prime. When I first got my NSX and joined Prime in 2000, I became a member of a special group of people that will outlast any NSX ownership. It is just as reliable as the Honda parked in the driveway next door. When a problem arises, albeit infrequently, there is a wealth of information available through this community. Furthermore, there is also now a good supply of aftermarket parts and qualified mechanics to work on the car.

That being said, do I miss my NSX? Yes and no. It is, and was, one of the easiest cars of mine to own and drive. It was a great love affair for 14 years, and I made some great friendships as a direct result of my NSX ownership. Right Doug?

As for an update with my Esprit ownership. It has been just as enjoyable as NSX ownership, however I have not made any good friendships as a result. There is not as much online support, but there is a small community of owners who have expansive knowledge of the car. There are almost no aftermarket options, and those that are available come in small doses by owners who custom fabricate parts in small quantities. It makes ownership a little more exciting, but at the same time a little more frustrating.

Will I purchase another NSX, probably not. Life goes on and I have a bucket list of cars that I wish to own.

That's my $0.02.

This is me right here. I love the NSX I just bought, but I miss my S2000 terribly. My future car purchase plans are changing as a result. My plan is to run out the lease on my RLX, then see where the S2000 market is. I owned aN AP1, but next time would buy an AP2 post-2006. Of course, there are other daily driver options I am considering at that time such as 3G CTS-V, Trackhawk (if AWD), even a refreshed RLX to consider in two years when my lease is up. Well see....

i am am sure the pain of not having the S2000 will fade with time, but the wound is still fresh.

+2 on my side lol. Sold my AP2 to pick up the NSX but went through some withdrawals since I still keep in touch with my s2k family. I just found a great deal on an '02 ap1 Berlina Black with red interior and should be in my garage this weekend! Will make a great companion to the X :biggrin:

^^^^ [MENTION=31516]2NDWIFE[/MENTION] AP1 FTW, LOL!

2002-03 are definitely the best of the AP1 years, too. Glass window, revised suspension geometry, no electronic nannies, just pure, raw, sportscar fun.

[MENTION=32021]neuronbob[/MENTION], I definitely felt the difference when driving my friends ap1 and then jumping back into my ap2. Sorry to derail the thread OP! [MENTION=32021]neuronbob[/MENTION], buy back your ap1! Lol

I've been debating selling my NSX after a few years of ownership now. I actually listed it for sale then change my
mind. I like to try new cars every few years but the NSX is just so damn versatile. I'm thinking of trying out a G5 Viper. Anyone here have one? First world problems...

Last edited:
Back