• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with Wiki access to change NSX 0-60 times?

Hey guys it seems like whoever wrote the found the slowest possible 0-60 times. Example for the reference to the 3.2 change

"The new NSX rang up better numbers than the power and torque improvements may suggest over previous model NSXs. 0-60 mph time dropped from 5.4 seconds to as low as 5.0 seconds for the NSX-S Zero."

I've seen them clock as low as 4.5 for 3.2 hardtop and 4.8 for the Zanardi in Car&Driver. The Zanardi is heavier than a NSX-S Zero. Plus the NSX-R is supposed to do about 4.4 . Don't know where their times are coming from so hopefully someone can change this.

Hey guys it seems like whoever wrote the found the slowest possible 0-60 times. Example for the reference to the 3.2 change

"The new NSX rang up better numbers than the power and torque improvements may suggest over previous model NSXs. 0-60 mph time dropped from 5.4 seconds to as low as 5.0 seconds for the NSX-S Zero."

I've seen them clock as low as 4.5 for 3.2 hardtop and 4.8 for the Zanardi in Car&Driver. The Zanardi is heavier than a NSX-S Zero. Plus the NSX-R is supposed to do about 4.4 . Don't know where their times are coming from so hopefully someone can change this.

Just change it yourself. ANYONE has access. That is why it is wikipedia.

That page has several inaccuracies. I have been editing that page off and on, trying to correct some stuff, but a few people (likely not NSX owners) always come on and either delete or undo my changes. I had a whole section in there about the cancelled V10 NSX replacement that was deleted.

That page has several inaccuracies. I have been editing that page off and on, trying to correct some stuff, but a few people (likely not NSX owners) always come on and either delete or undo my changes. I had a whole section in there about the cancelled V10 NSX replacement that was deleted.

Ok that seems right as whoever does it seems to be trying to make them slower than they are.

I'll follow KSXNSX advice and put some stuff in myself.

Ok updates have been made and I'll post it here so if some douche changes it I can go in and change it right back. All my info is factual so no reason for it to be deleted.

"0-60 mph times dropped from 5.2 to as low as 4.5 as recorded by Car and Driver in their August 1998 0-150-0 issue using a 3.2 hard top coupe. That NSX proved to be the fastest tested in North America. When Car and Driver tested the Zanardi special edition NSX a year it managed a 4.8 0-60 and a 13.2 quarter mile. Although magazine tests for the 02+ models were rare Honda apparently kept improving the engine as Sports and Exotic Car magazine did a farewell article on a 2005 NSX-T and recorded a 0-60 time of 4.7 and a 13.1 quarter mile on the heavier targa model."

I've no idea where they got a 5.4 0-60 on a NSX. Maybe that was for an auto or something but this 5.0 0-60 for a 3.2 was just odd.

You may get in trouble with the Wiki nazis if you don't cite your sources (i.e., footnote with source and date- "Car and Driver, May 1996"). The lawyer in me is coming out lol. :biggrin: There really should be a "Performance" subsection on the page with everything from 0-60, 1/4 mi, Ring laptimes, etc. for the different NSX versions. I'll try to work something up maybe this weekend.

You may get in trouble with the Wiki nazis if you don't cite your sources (i.e., footnote with source and date- "Car and Driver, May 1996"). The lawyer in me is coming out lol. :biggrin: There really should be a "Performance" subsection on the page with everything from 0-60, 1/4 mi, Ring laptimes, etc. for the different NSX versions. I'll try to work something up maybe this weekend.

Check! I have the magazine articles at home and did list them as references.

Thanks for changing that...I agree NSX always gets a bad rap for being slower than it really is. 4.7 for the 02+ Targa sounds right. That's what they clocked the E46 M3, and this feels at least that fast, if not more. And it sounds much faster.

Thanks for changing that...I agree NSX always gets a bad rap for being slower than it really is. 4.7 for the 02+ Targa sounds right. That's what they clocked the E46 M3, and this feels at least that fast, if not more. And it sounds much faster.

Agreed I had an 05 M3 and the NSX seem a bit quicker but that feeling could've come from the weight difference.

LMAO :biggrin:

Hey you know it's coming. Whoever listed the times also listed the Japanese hp ratings and not the American so it's seems like the 3.2 hp increase was only 9hp. I'm going in to add quarter miles times as well.

Back