• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are power seats a must?

Will not getting power seats affect resale value on this car? Do people perceive the nsx a race car or a luxury sports car? I’ve never considered a car without but I do see examples like f430 scud, gt3, gt3rs, 458 speciale...etc without power seats.

Last edited:
Certain color combos require you to get power seats. I know the Saddle has that requirement. I think the Ebony interior color is the only one that has the manual option.

Last edited:
I don't think the manual seats come with lumbar. I really like the enter/exit mode where the seat moves all the way back when you shut the car off. I like to drive sports cars closer to the pedals and steering wheel, so the extra room to get in and out is very helpful. If you're tall or like the seat all the way back anyway that wouldn't matter to you.

Super curious - why not get power seats on an already-expensive and already-not-too-light luxury supercar?

Well car I wanted just sold or I was told. Alacantara seats, ccb, els. Next one same option no cbb dealer only offering 30k incentive. Another offering 35k total but again no ccb. So last resort a low option els, upgrade wheel but no power seat may come at a steal of a price. So wondering if it’s even worth considering.

Ok gotcha! Thanks. I guess my comment falls onto the dealer, I’m surprised that power seats can be optioned a la cart.

Personally, I was always surprised the gen-1s had power seats, I certainly could have done without them for the weight savings but I think what I like better his how so few options were available then so that most of us today own pretty much similar cars.

Good luck with everything!

My most recent car without power seas was my Lotus Esprit. It too only had fore/aft and recline manual adjustments. Trust me, you want the power seats. I always push the seat as far back as possible when getting in and out of the car and doing so manually was always a pain in the ass. The car is heavy to begin with, so the weight savings without the power seats is miniscule. How much of a difference is it, 20lbs? If so, we can all afford to lose some weight. I lost 27lbs and gained a few HP as a result. :)

My most recent car without power seas was my Lotus Esprit. It too only had fore/aft and recline manual adjustments. Trust me, you want the power seats. I always push the seat as far back as possible when getting in and out of the car and doing so manually was always a pain in the ass. The car is heavy to begin with, so the weight savings without the power seats is miniscule. How much of a difference is it, 20lbs? If so, we can all afford to lose some weight. I lost 27lbs and gained a few HP as a result. :)

I was thinking the same thing when I first responded and thought he was able to choose; sounds more like he's shopping amongst what's available and one good deal doesn't have power seats? $30k savings w/o power seats would work for me. :)

I was thinking the same thing when I first responded and thought he was able to choose; sounds more like he's shopping amongst what's available and one good deal doesn't have power seats? $30k savings w/o power seats would work for me. :)

If the car is only going to be a keeper for a three year lease, I could deal with no power seats. Since I'm planning on buying mine at the end of the lease that would be a deal breaker for me as I don't think there's a way to retro fit power seats. My car for example didn't have the SiriusXM built in which I can deal with because I can still stream it through bluetooth. As I get older, there are a few creature comforts that I can't live without. And power seats are one of those first world problems that I need everyday.

I can agree. I have to admit I'm kind of shocked the new NSX even allows non-powered seats as optional. Could be something I'm missing of course. I would have more expected to see a non-jukebox steering wheel option first before any manual seats option. With the array of infotainment controls adorning that steering wheel, to me the gen-2 is a luxury car first and foremost but with a supercar-like high-tech powertrain more than is it a super car that was given some luxurious appointments.

I’d get one with power seats. It’s always harder to find that “perfect” seating position or comfort with the powerless seats.

Buy the options you want, not what the next guy wants. :smile:

^^^This^^^ Get the "must" have car for you...do not buy the car for "resale value"...JM2C...I could be wrong..:wink:

Back