• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are the front fenders the same throughout all generations?

I have a wrecked 02 NSX, I called couple of junk yards, and off course nobody have parts for the 02 NSX (it is too new they say). So I ended up ordering most of the equipment from the dealer. However, I’ve been told that front fenders are the same on 02 and 01, hence, I assume they would be the same throughout all NSX generations. Is that right? Will I be able to fit lets say fender off of 91 NSX to the 02 model?

Thanks.

I think they are, but I am not 100% sure. The 02 changed the hood, the lights and the front bumper. I don't think they changed the fender.

Someone please correct me if that is wrong.

tsissar said:
nsxtasy, so I should have no problem fitting older version fenders on the 02 model, right.
That's not what I'm saying. I really don't know whether older ones will fit or not. I'm only pointing out that the parts numbers are different.

So you bought a wrecked NSX with no idea where you were going to get the parts to fix it? ...and, apparently, no experience restoring crashed cars?

The fenders are different from 1991-2001 and 2002+. The 2002+ fenders have a little notch to receive the headlights. An earlier fender can be used however with out problems. In 1997, the alloy of the fenders changed slightly, however, a new part number was never issued, I assume since externally, they were the same.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Correct me if I am wrong, I think the 2002+ fender's also have a 3 inch gap were it meets up with the side skirt's.

1991 - 1999 left Fender part# 60260SLOA00ZZ

2000-2001 left fender part# 60260SLOA90ZZ

When I checked this a.m. with my vendor they did not cross over to each other which he said would indicate that there were stock on both in California.

As Chris from SOS said about the compostion change this looks to support that but are different years than he thought. 1991-2001 fenders are interchangeable. Acura will propbably discontinue the 1991-1999 part number once stock is depleated.

In real terms to you me and everyone else I don't think this means much since by looking at them I don't know how to tell these parts from one and other save what the label may say.

since im in the process of an 04 update on my midnight pearl 95, im almost positive they are the same as Chris said... Only the main difference IS the notch up near the headlight where the tab slides into the headlights.
This update is fun and will and hopefully should be done next week, ill post pics.
Chris

Back