• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ascari KZ1

gr_KZ1image01.jpg

gr_KZ1image02.jpg

gr_KZ1image03.jpg

gr_KZ1image04.jpg

gr_KZ1image05.jpg

gr_KZ1image06.jpg

gr_KZ1image07.jpg

gr_KZ1image08.jpg

http://www.ascari.net/site.php
Armando

Is this then the 06 Nsx?
I keep looking for it!!!
Anyone have a full pic of the rear?
Those taillights seem like them came off an old vette.
tRev

I see quite a bit of Lotus Elise in the rear. And the rear looks much to high compared to the front. it just doesn't seem as balanced as Lamborghini manages to pull off...

The problem with that car is the price. It costs the same as a Murcielago Roadster but runs a slightly modified M5(E39 V8, not the E60 V10) motor. The reviews have been pretty bad for te car overall as well. The handling isn't sorted, according to EVO.

And you guys are right about the styling. It looks like a very "generic" supercar. It has none of the style of a Carrera GT, Enzo, Ford GT, 430, etc...

slashmatt said:
[..]The problem with that car is the price. It costs the same as a Murcielago Roadster but runs a slightly modified M5(E39 V8, not the E60 V10) motor.[..]

Uh? Did they buy 5000 motors or how does that work? M-GmBH doesnt produce E39 M5 engines anymore, since the E60 V10 is out.

Viper front, NSX side, 360 rear. Wow :biggrin:

Klayton said:
Uh? Did they buy 5000 motors or how does that work? M-GmBH doesnt produce E39 M5 engines anymore, since the E60 V10 is out.

No, but I did see three of them on palattes in a picture from an EVO magazine photo shoot of the Ascari factory. I don't think they plan on making 5000 cars. As far as I know, they don't even have A customer yet. They do plan on making a "race resort" where owners can take their cars somewhere in southern Spain, but that still isn't bring in the crowds.

The motor, however, should remain in production for some time to come since it's the basis of the new E90(E92 for the coupe) M3's V8.

Thanks for playing. Come back soon.

slashmatt said:
[..]
The motor, however, should remain in production for some time to come since it's the basis of the new E90(E92 for the coupe) M3's V8.

Thanks for playing. Come back soon.

Wrong. The basis for the E90 M3 V8 is the E60 M5s V10.

slashmatt said:
As far as I know, they don't even have A customer yet. They do plan on making a "race resort" where owners can take their cars somewhere in southern Spain, but that still isn't bring in the crowds.
This race resort already exists as I wrote here in another thread.

Back