• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Assistant is needed, 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi Edition 2002 with 14k miles

Taj said:
Where does the "C32" come from? Usually the factory reps refer the model by the 6th to 8th digit of the VIN. Acura 3.5 RL would be a "965", RSX Type S "530"....etc.

Actually, more people refer to NA1 or NA2 more than the engine code. NA1 = C30A and NA2 = C32B. The engine codes are not designed to be NSX specific even if no other Honda Models share those engines, but the chasis code is NSX specific. The NA1 or NA2 is what factory reps refer to and it is also what is in the NSX Vin. The vin starts out with JH4NA1 or JH4NA2.

Last edited:
To all,

It has been a long time (over a month) since I started this thread and now, I am looking at my #35. Thank for all your assistance and the history of this vehicle. Other than worn tires, the service advisor at the Acura dealer told me that the X is ready for sale "as is" with 4 new tires.

Late for a meeting, got to go.

Congrats Taj! I was going to jump on it if you didn't. I just moved to the LA area and I'm now in the market for a Zanardi or late model coupe.

Taj said:
To all,

It has been a long time (over a month) since I started this thread and now, I am looking at my #35. Thank for all your assistance and the history of this vehicle. Other than worn tires, the service advisor at the Acura dealer told me that the X is ready for sale "as is" with 4 new tires.

Late for a meeting, got to go.

Just a quick question. My friend recently was looking at a '97 NSX with 18K miles at an Acura Dealer, but it was Acura Pre-Owned Certified and as a result had an extended warranty. I'm just wondering why the Zanardi you were looking at was not Acura Pre-Owned Certified (this assumption was based on the dealer offering you the car "as-is").

It has been a long time (over a month) since I started this thread and now, I am looking at my #35.
I seem to recall that another list member had Z35 (or something like that) in his/her avatar. Did you buy the car from that fellow lister? Glad to hear you finally got your Z. From the anecdotal information, clean ones are getting harder to find...

I had the car inspected at an Acura Dealer but I bought it from a private party (another prime member). The car is still under factory warrantee and I would not have bought it without a dealer inspection. Well, got to burn more gas now.

I'll be back.

There really isnt a demand for the Zanardi coupes. I think you should just offer your 54.
Oh to only go back in time when #35 was for sale. Good thing he didn't buy the E46, it might be worth about a few sets of Zanardi wheels now. The beauty of hindsight.

Oh to only go back in time when #35 was for sale. Good thing he didn't buy the E46, it might be worth about a few sets of Zanardi wheels now. The beauty of hindsight.

Why did you bump this thread? You got me all excited :/

I was looking for a coupe and the Zanardi came up for sale. My wife made the decision for me between the E46 and the Zanardi.

Last edited:
Sorry. :) After actively seeking the NSX of my dreams, I'm enjoying a casual non-serious Zanardi search. #Zanardi #thehypeisreal #PHOEN$Xlife

See my signature? You are now my enemy. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking for a coupe and the Zanardi came up for sale. My wife made the decision for me between the E46 and the Zanardi.

Taj, when do you plan on selling your Zanardi?

Back