• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ATLANTA GATHERING: Mayfest Exotic Car show, 5/8

The annual 'Mayfest' exotic car show will take place on Sat, May 8th. This event is free, one only needs to register in advance here . I have been in contact with the organizers, and they would be ECSTATIC if we could present a handful of NSXs! At last year's show, over 100 fabulous cars were shown, including Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, BMW, etc, blah, blah, blah, and also some vintage classic Americana. The setting is a large parking lot next to Kurt's restaurant, near the Chattahochee river, on River Green pkwy, in Duluth, from 11am to 3pm. I recommend this activity and encourage all area NSX owners to show up and park together, and we'll steal the show! You must register in advance to ensure our reserved parking in the show. Lunch can also be purchased, but is not required.

If you are in the ATL area, don't miss this excellent opportunity to show off your NSX and enjoy the company of 100's of other enthusiasts :) !

im hoping to make it.... dont know if i have that day off yet.

hope to make it, havnt been out in a long time.

Strong NSX attendance!

Alright, there are several more attending that are not on this thread; currently, 9 NSXs are registered for the show, out of about 110 sports/exotic/collector cars. This is shaping up to be an excellent event. In addition to our NSXs, there is everything from latest Lambos and Ferraris, to hemi Dodge Chargers from the 70's! (of course, the NSX is also a hemi ;) )

See the link above for more details and directions.

Is this a: Private “show what you got” nitrous fed donut smoke-out or a keep it cool and bench race event? I need to know if I should bring a junk set of OEM Yokahama's.

From what I can tell, it's a "sit in the parking lot and look at the cars" event. It's for show, so dress it up.

Good Showing by Atlanta NSXs

8 different NSXs represented us well at the Mayfest Exotic car show this past weekend. Over 100 different cars of every description: a classic Rolls limo, a Mopar Challenger muscle car, Vettes, Minis, Ferraris and Lambos.

One of the NSXs was the super-polished, chromed out one-of-a kind 'Chromatose', now owned by one of our Atlanta crowd. It won 2nd place in the show... see pics below.

Attachments

• 3nsxs.jpg
    3nsxs.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 212
After getting the car, the polish on the engine didn't hold up to the humidity; the entire engine had tarnished and faded really bad. It looked like I had left it in the sun for a year without a cover...., and I keep the car out of the sun and away from the rain.

After four months of having to repolish the engine over and over, I decided to tear the entire engine down; I went ahead and redid all of the SS braided lines, AN fittings, valve covers, bolts, etc...

Instead of having everything repolished, I had everything chromed!:cool: The only thing that I left polished was the CTSC, which is really easy to keep polished, since its such a pretty big piece. Also, all of the plastics that was chromed, was left chromed.

I would advise anyone that is wanting to do this to there engine, don't do it, unless you have alot of time and love to devote to this kind of a project.

Chromatose did a great job getting the car the way it was; I had a great time learning all of his secrets of what went into making the car, when I was tearing it down:) Boy, that was five months worth of headache trying to duplicate everything:mad: Not to mention all of the $$$$ that went into this makeover.

But...... I would never think of doing or redoing something like this again to any car.... it takes to much time and love to keep something like this up! But after all thats said and done, it was well worth it!

The 1st place award went to a really nice white Lambo Countach.

Last edited:
Back