• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ats Lsd

Made by ATS, one of the best LSD makers in Japan. Also sold by Scienceofspeed, see it here: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/ATS/LSD/

SOS list price $2216.80 without added tax and international freight. I want $2000 for mine including NSX-R final drive (no counter shaft and oil gear) Everything is brand new, still in original box. I bought this last year and never got around to installing it, and I don't think I ever will since my NSX is in storage for most of the year and it rarely makes to the track. All you guys building harcore NSX track cars NEEDs this LSD!

Here is the ATS's USA website: http://www.a-t-s-usa.com/

I should add that the LSD is fully rebuildable.

I forgot to mention that this is the 1.5 way unit, for road course use.

Hi fongster, do you send send this item to portugal ? How much is the international freight to Lisbon - Portugal ?.

thanks.

I recently had the ATS 1.5 way steel LSD installed. It has pretty bad stuttering/ratcheting during low speed turns but I was told that this is considered "normal". FWIW, I'd recommend avoiding this LSD for a street car. I'm not sure why the manufacturer, distributors, or installers don't warn customers about this. I'm currently looking into whether the carbon version fixes this. If not, I'll be going back to OEM. Either way, an expensive mistake.

Last edited:
I use a clutch-type lsd in my fwd track car; it’s certainly a type of thing that one would have to really want to tolerate in a street car. But if that weren’t the case, it wouldn’t be that useful on track. Aren’t street applications what helical-type lsds are for?

I use a clutch-type lsd in my fwd track car; it’s certainly a type of thing that one would have to really want to tolerate in a street car. But if that weren’t the case, it wouldn’t be that useful on track. Aren’t street applications what helical-type lsds are for?

Maybe so, but I didn't see this made clear anywhere or by anyone I asked about LSD's before buying this one. On the good side, I got a chance to take a proper drive with it the other day and loved it. The improvement is well worth the low speed stuttering.

Fair point. And thanks for reporting on your experience. I’d consider one if I drove my car at speed to a significant extent.

Back