• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi PPI in Natick, MA

Hello fellow NSXers. Jeff from MI here (/94 Formula Red 5 speed 48,000 miles). I'm contemplating purchase of a 6 month old CPO 2015 Audi A6 from Audi Natick. Salesman sounds like very straight shooter and he will get me bunch of hi-def pics of car, etc. He also indicated no objection to a PPI by tech of my choice. I'm really not worried about mechanical issues as car will be covered under full warranty for 5.5 years and only has 6,000 miles. What I really want by way of a PPI is for someone with expertise to look at/drive car to confirm no evidence of body/paint work, no rattles/squeaks and that car drives well. Can anyone suggest someone I can contact to undertake this work? It will be worth whatever it costs as far as I am concerned. Please PM me if you have any suggestions for someone (preferably with VAG experience but if you know a good NSX tech that will be ok too) that I can contact. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jeff

In reference to above post, I'm all set thanks.

My daily driver is an /06 TL that has gone 136,000 highly reliable and mostly trouble-free miles but at this point after such a great run with her, I feel that it is time to move into something newer. In 9 years and all those miles only two mechanical failures -- starter at 77,000 miles (Acura graciously without me asking covered cost of part and I paid labor of $200 to install new one) and throttle position sensor pooped out at a shade over 100,000 miles ($390). I did the sway bar links, front compliance bushings and right rear lower control arm well north of 100,000 miles at an aggregate cost of approximately $1,000 but at that mileage and with the crummy roads here I consider these items to be in the maintenance category as opposed to failures of any sort. Nothing else went wrong other than a serpentine belt squeak that came and went but that was handled under warranty as well as a battery that crapped out after 2 years right in the dealer's service aisle. I can't say enough good about the quality of the car and the way my dealer has treated me over the years. Whoever winds up with my car should I sell it may see 136,000 miles on the odometer but it runs as if it had 50,000 miles. This has been a shockingly fantastic car and an equally wonderful ownership experience.

I was looking forward to the introduction of the TLX and was hoping it would replace my TL. Meaning no offense to anyone reading this rant (uh, I mean post) my assessment of the TLX is as follows: Contrary to what Acura advertising says, the TLX is significantly smaller inside than my Gen III TL. After spending quite a bit of seat time in both the V6 FWD and the SH-AWD variants (no interest in 4 cylinder) I am of the opinion that the TLX isn't much of an improvement over my 06 TL and in some respects is not as good (transmission [more gears are not always better] and handling [while I wasn't expecting the V6 FWD variant to handle like my NSX it had some very disconcerting handling characteristics most notably initial high levels of under steer at speeds that were not excessive for the conditions with abrupt change in attitude when the computer decided to activate the rear wheel steering system -- felt very weird]). The transmission and handling characteristics coupled with the diminished interior volume, lack of a standard spare tire and fact that I was looking at north of 40K for the SH-AWD Tech package was enough to push me to look at other options.

Count me as one disgruntled Acura customer -- disgruntled to be leaving the family. At least I still have the NSX.

Rant over.

Back