• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8's catch on fire.

That would stop you from buying a R8?

That would stop you from buying a R8?

I see what your saying right now. When I saw fuel spillage I thought the fuel tank leaks or something like that. Still got to remember its more of a guess of what happened.

Last edited:
That would not stop me from buying one....the $175K would. Watching the other video with all the wrecked R8's just goes to show you that there is no real correlation between possessing large amounts of money, driving skills and common sense.

Faulty ground off the high pressure fuel pump is the usually the issue. It can happen with any of the direct port injection motors.

A lot of the fires are also insurance jobs. Happens all the time. People get Caught in a Loan they can't afford. They make it look like the car just burst into flames and collect.

I'm pretty sure there are examples of nearly every make of car starting on fire.

You might be right. It just drives me crazy that you spend all this money on a car and it goes up into flames. If that happened to me I would probably cry and throw up at the same time.

Back