• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi RS4

Was invited to a special Audi media event this weekend and I got a ride (albeit a short but very fast one) in the new Audi RS4. All I can say is Jimminy Crickets!

They also had the new Q7, an S8 on display and we got to drive some pretty cool audi's thru their obstical course. (not anything with an "s" in it tho). The Audi A3 3.2 with the DSG is pretty amazing. I truly didn't understand what people meant when they were talking about seemless shifting...I couldn't even tell the car shifted at all! Only the drop in revs and the indicator on the dash that told me what gear I was in gave me any clue.

The RS4 exhaust note was amazing...the car was amazing....can you say daily driver?
:biggrin:

NsXMas said:
How much will it be?

I don't know...I didn't ask. But it was a REALLY nice car. I think I'd take it over the new M3 if those were my choices....
The exhaust note really was amazing...

RS4 came out some months ago over here, they are pretty common now, you can hear them minutes before you see one. :)
mai-785e97639e.jpg

mai-3833d693b7.jpg

mai-8a971cce8d.jpg

mai-121650c96d.jpg

I had the pleasure to drive one around the block the sound is realy great, and the car def. got power! Why I won't buy one? Because the interior looks and feels like a VW and that doesn't fit such a nice sporty car.

I'm waiting for the new RS6. The A6 station wagon is the best looking station wagon right now in my opinion.

01blacks4 said:
the RS4 when it comes will be about 75-80K

It's $72k with the premium package.

I don't know about you guys but the current M3 is not that far off from the RS4 as far as performance. If I was in the market for a sports sedan, I would just wait for the E92 M3. I am sure that one will blow the doors off of the RS4.

NetViper said:
I didn't think they sold the RS4 in the US??

It's coming in a few months....I was looking at specs and it was something like 440hp...the new S8 has 450 hp V10. Very cool inside....I was in love. I just wish they would have let us take the RS4 around the course. They also had a 3.2 TT with the DSG, but I didn't get a chance to drive it, the line was too long. I did get to see a lady take out a few cones with it. lol
It was funny because this whole launch was supposed to be centered around the new Q7, but everyone wanted to test drive the A3's and the TT. The two Q7's litereally sat there most of the time while people waited in line for the others.
(and of course the two RS4's where doing continual laps in the background on a seperate course, just doing circles, picking people up, dropping people off and taking off again.)

DrVolkl said:
Was invited to a special Audi media event this weekend and I got a ride (albeit a short but very fast one) in the new Audi RS4. All I can say is Jimminy Crickets!

They also had the new Q7, an S8 on display and we got to drive some pretty cool audi's thru their obstical course. (not anything with an "s" in it tho). The Audi A3 3.2 with the DSG is pretty amazing. I truly didn't understand what people meant when they were talking about seemless shifting...I couldn't even tell the car shifted at all! Only the drop in revs and the indicator on the dash that told me what gear I was in gave me any clue.

The RS4 exhaust note was amazing...the car was amazing....can you say daily driver?
:biggrin:

Went to the same event out here near Philly (it was in Chester) last week. I agree, the exhaust note from that car sounds incredible but is seems so out of place for an Audi (not that I am complaining :biggrin: ). Our driver for the hot lap was Uwe Bleck, the same guy who drove the A6 up the ski jump and a former rally car driver. He just introduced himself, said "now we turn off the traction control", and WHAM he mashed the throttle. The car, in his hands, completely blew me away. Could not believe how he actually got that car to drift the way it did. Simply amazing. The better half was screaming for her life the whole time which was hilarious. If you can, go test drive one. You won't regret it.

The event as a whole was great. Audi definately knows how to launch a new vehicle. I also agree that the DSG is hands down the best manumatic out there. The A3 was fun to toss around their little course. Same with the A8 which completely surprised me with how well it handled for a full size sedan.

Would have loved to take home the S8 they had on display.. That is one truly amazing piece of automotive technology. IMO the perfect full sized sedan.

But I also must say that the new M3 will probably be the better car. The biggest mistake Audi made with the RS4 is its weight. It is a pig. But still, it put a smile on my face (and everyone else who went for a lap in it) for the minute or 2 we rode in it.

I would think more RS4>M3>S4...but who knows what BMW has in store. Personally, the AWD is appealing for a daily driver/sedan type car. Plus the back seats are usable, not sure how the 2 door M3 is.
One thing that really suprised me is how far forward the V10 in the S8 sat....you'd have to see it to believe it, but I would think the car would be really nose heavy. The interior of that car was amazing....I just kept telling myself...someday...someday.

I went to the same event. The RS4 was sweet and seemed to handle and grip very well, although it was a touch less fast than I thought it would be. It's $66k base, $72k with options as mentioned... very nice car but it somehow doesn't feel very special for $70k to me.

I drove (in order of preference) the TT 3.2 DSG (my mom has a 1.8T 225 manual), A3 3.2 DSG, A6 4.2, A8L 4.2 (HUGE!! but nice), X5 4.4i, XC90 V8, and Lexus GX470. The Lexus was completely hopeless in any sort of quick driving, far worse than the Volvo and X5, which I thought were comparable. The other Audis drove and handled surprisingly well I thought. The DSG was amazing, although I'd still stick with a stick.

The event was a lot of fun... great food and lots of fun stuff to do. Everything was free too - even parking! Can't imagine how much it all cost, just the staffing alone was huge. And yes, the S8 is definitely one of my very favorite cars now.

Back