• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin: Proposal --> Last Sunday of Every Month Meet <--

No Rudys?

That makes my decision much easier. I was wanting some extra moist brisket. I guess I won't be making the 2 hour+ drive down there :wink:

In all seriousness, I'll let you know Jose at the last minute if I'm going to be able to make it.

I'll just goto Dunkin' Donuts or Taco Bell, for realz!

No Rudys?

That makes my decision much easier. I was wanting some extra moist brisket. I guess I won't be making the 2 hour+ drive down there :wink:
Oh no, seriously ignore my tongue-in-cheek recommendation. Out-of-area peeps' who dig the novel BBQ 'spiel weren't anticipated to be in numbers (as the case w/ NSX'Craze/etc'). . .

For what we/us Hill Country folk seem to perceive as ubiquitous & take for granted (authentic country-style BBQ), others who don't have much of it in their areas apparently seem to genuinely covet it. Quite analogous to how I desire the informal/unflattering ethnic eateries/'joints of Westheimer/Hillcroft/Bissonnet in the Greater Houston-area, as similar establishments just don't compare in the Austin-area. . .

Re: I'll just goto Dunkin' Donuts or Taco Bell, for realz!

Are we getting together for lunch after? I'd like to talk about some ideas for the NSX Craze.

We most definitely can. Maybe even at Osiris_x11 house if he can commit to commit!!! :biggrin:

Alright you got me, I guess I'll have to make it now....darn :tongue:. I'm going to try my best to take her out. My main issue is the drive out there, I'm forty five minutes or so from there.

How long are you guys going to be at the Rudy's??

We will probably be there for about 60 minutes or so. I would like to hit the road by 10:00am.

1.- Alas-NSX (Jose)
2.- Osiris_x11 (Dirtee'O)
3.- Synergy004 (The World NOMAD)
4.- tnguyen ------- maybe
5.- Matt_337 ------ maybe
6.- Ko-nsx
7.- The 1 & only Sexy Mexy!
8.- Scin
9.- Ojas
10.-

Which car??????? The ZR1, the widebody black or the widebody yellow???? Or the standard C6 Z06. Toooooooooo many choices.

No Rudys?

In all seriousness, I'll let you know Jose at the last minute if I'm going to be able to make it.

No problem. Rudy's IS the plan. We will definitely change it up but wanted to simply kick this off.

Oh no, seriously ignore my tongue-in-cheek recommendation. Out-of-area peeps' who dig the novel BBQ 'spiel weren't anticipated to be in numbers (as the case w/ NSX'Craze/etc'). . .

For what we/us Hill Country folk seem to perceive as ubiquitous & take for granted (authentic country-style BBQ), others who don't have much of it in their areas apparently seem to genuinely covet it. Quite analogous to how I desire the informal/unflattering ethnic eateries/'joints of Westheimer/Hillcroft/Bissonnet in the Greater Houston-area, as similar establishments just don't compare in the Austin-area. . .

Crazy man. You better wake up and join us. I'll bring you a bowl of Fruit Loops as an alternative to the breakfast tacos. Don't worry, I don't plan on making Rudy's the permanent location starting spot.

Last edited:
To be clear for this weekend.

For Starters:
Date: January 25th, 2009
Time: 9:00am

Leave for drive at 10:00am this way we can catch up, meet the new folks, etc.. Lunch undetermined but maybe Umar will be gracious to open up the house. No pressure.

In any event, this is the plan for this weekend. Next month, different starting location.

Re: I'll just goto Dunkin' Donuts or Taco Bell, for realz!

Like the City Tortilla Factory, Ingleside, TX. Home of the best Big Fatties in the world.

Miner

I would be in for the drive. Sounds like a blast!! Count me in!!

What is your Phone # Jose??

LOL Yeah serious as cancer, got offered an unbelievable opportunity and these rides gotta go..

I will still participate in the meets etc, even if I don't have one.

-g-

Wow! Given the collection you have this must be one hell of a car. Please tell.

Whatever it is I need a ride.

The updated list:

1.- Alas-NSX (Jose)
2.- Osiris_x11 (Dirtee'O)
3.- Synergy004 (The World NOMAD)
4.- tnguyen ------- maybe
5.- Matt_337 ------ maybe
6.- Ko-nsx
7.- The 1 & only Sexy Mexy!
8.- Scin
9.- Ojas
10.- Blackoutz

I took the NSX to work this morning and noticed a little smoke coming from the back side of the engine. My mechanic said its probably the vtec gaskets. I just had the timing belt done so I know its not the valve covers. Any insight? I might not be able to make it now. SUX!!!

thanks
Blaine

I took the NSX to work this morning and noticed a little smoke coming from the back side of the engine. My mechanic said its probably the vtec gaskets. I just had the timing belt done so I know its not the valve covers. Any insight? I might not be able to make it now. SUX!!!

thanks
Blaine

Blaine,

It definitely could be the VTEC Solenoid gaskets leaking. The majority of NSXs do this. Shad at Driving Ambition fixed mine with his method and they are perfect.

When did you get the T-belt done? They may have gotten some grease on bits of the engine from the work and that is what you are seeing as well.

If it is smoking you should be able to see where it is coming from.

-Jose

The smoke is coming from the back side of the engine where I cant see. I just ordered the parts so hopefully I can get them put on this week before the meet. I think I will be able to between one of two people down here.

I think I may be getting it taken care of tomm night so I will still be able to make it.

Blaine

Hey guys, the manager of Bone Daddys offered to host us after the drive on Sunday. He drives an Exige and has a friend with an Atom that may also join us. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hey guys, the manager of Bone Daddys offered to host us after the drive on Sunday. Me drives an Exige and has a friend with an Atom that may also join us. What do you think?

Nice! Maybe Scott will show up now!

Count me.
-Jose

Does anybody have the official head count??

Im in the cedar park area. Im offering my spot up for chillin as well. Im here alone till the fiance gets here. I don't think i'll have my car by then but i am still attending. I have my 97 accord and my CBR1000 here, although my accord wont keep up with anybody.

The date is officially Jan. 25, 2009?

I like the bone daddy's idea for food, haven't been there yet.

Looks like 9 on the head count. If anybody houston guys needs a place to bunk i do have an air mattress.

I am too, a little foggy on the plans, hopefully this can be straightened out. here is my info if anyone needs.

Kelley Orange 1.314.280.5181.

Back