• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Australian Owners

Robert Lane are the only Victorian Honda dealer "licensed" to sell NSX parts.

They are a big dealer and when I asked the same question awhile ago, other Melbourne owners have told me that they will indeed get the job done and keep your NSX maintained, for a price ($100/hr labour, spark plugs $35 ea, etc).

Unfortunately they do not see many NSXs (they told me it's about 4 every 6 months) and the Robert Lane technician most experienced with our cars has recently left the dealership.

To me this makes it clear that the majority of Melbourne's NSX owners choose to get their cars maintained by independent mechanics. Personally I have a very good local mechanic, who I have furnished with a copy of the NSX Service Manual downloaded from Prime. As Robert Lane Honda are a long drive away, this is a far better option, however he still needs to go through Robert Lane Honda for parts, and I may need to take that long drive to Honda if I'm faced with something like a complicated diagnostic issue requiring Honda's special equipment.

Robert Lane Honda was discussed recently in a thread started by another Melbourne owner - who recommended the Lotus dealer in Richmond as the place his NSX goes for service:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77493

Hope this helps!

Hey RAVE welcome to the NSX ownership club and when are we going for a drive. Sorry dont like dealing with Robert Lane as i dont like bending over too much.:biggrin: :biggrin:

The Lotus guy was one of the original NSX technicians sent to Japan by Honda Australia to work and get the training on the NSX when it first comes out so he knows a few things.

How much did you end up selling the RX7 for? is the FI plans still on the cards?

Hi dippy9. I do not have an NSX but I hope to rectify that as of this weekend.

If I do get it this weekend I would love to arrange a meet up and drive with you and any other Melbourne/Victoria owners that are interested.

I ended up selling the RX7 earlier this year and got $45k for it which wasn't to bad I thought.

If I end up getting this NSX on the weekend then I don't think I will go FI(to much $$), but I was thinking maybe headers, exhaust, etc. If I remember correctly I think you have different headers on your NSX?

good luck with it all, so which one are you getting? Tell me if you need any assistance with it.

Love to meet up with you but i'll be off the road for a couple of weeks EPA got me and my window is gone. But always available to catch up.

I was looking at buying an NSX that is currently advertised located in Sydney for $49,990. I went yesterday (Saturday) to look at it and was very dissapointed.
If anyone else is thinking about this car, my advice is not to waste your time. It is TERRIBLE. The tail lights have several breaks in them. The boot lid paint is faded and nearly peeling. Two panels on the car are a different shade of red than the rest. The door trims are nearly coming apart. The cd stacker is broken and not even in the car.

All this and all the seller said to me when I asked him about the car before I went to look at it is "It has a few stone chips and a few scratches".

So it looks as though I will not be getting an NSX right now. I will keep looking.

If you don't mind importing I have a couple of friends of mine selling their NSX for about the same price you sold your RX7. Both have low milage. One is Sebring Silver and the other is Formula Red. All stock except the silver one has Spoon ECU and Speedometer. Reason for selling is due to the increase number of family members so need a bigger car. I think our specs are similar and Brunei is not that far away from Australia. PM me if you want their numbers.

Hey Rave, sorry to hear your trip to Sydney was without a happy ending! Did you get to check into the mechanical condition / history at all? Was the seller prepared to negotiate on the price when you discovered the paint & trim issues?

If the one you looked at would need a full respray to look right, plus lights and trim bits, I can see why you walked away - there are similar cars with far less km out there, and the asking price is not far from what you could end up spending on this one by the time you were done.

Hope the right car for you shows up soon. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Jin - unfortunately we can't import NSXs here :(

Hi OzzieJohn, surprisingly enough the car had full service history. According the the service records it was originally sold in WA.

The guy selling the car was only negotiable a little bit, but at any rate I wouldn't want to buy a car like that, as it would need a lot of work and dollars poured into it to get it right.

I will just keep looking and thanks for your offer to help, I appreciate it.

Hey Rave

sorry to hear of the bad news. However driving past Heidelberg road (near the intersection of upper and lower) and saw a nice yellow one didnt have time to have a stop but maybe you should check it out.

its was at a dealership in Ivanhoe (might be in Alphington) It was definetely on Heidleberg Road just before the insection that splits into upper heildelberg and lower heidelberg roads.

If you having trouble give me a pm or a buzz and i will let you know where it is. Normally sell imports and such so not sure exactly the deal, but it look smick driving past. Also seen a few NSX sold there.

Rave I saw a red NA1 NSX in Adelaide airport valet parking today with a For Sale sign on the dash. Phone number is 0412 157 869. Has black interior, ~180,000km, white aftermarket rims, 4 exhaust tips, externally looks in pretty good condition although I was walking past it and not looking to buy it!

I'm sorry I was in a hurry and forgot to check if it was auto or manual. Haven't seen this one advertised online so thought it would be useful info, maybe worth a phone call.

Can anyone confirm this? I can't find any info saying that the rules have changed again and we've gone back to the 15 year system. Last I heard the 15 year build date was frozen before NSXs became eligible for open slather import.

There was a small period of time where NSXs were eligible for import. Some of these examples were brought to the attention of this forum earlier this year, I believe it was specifically a dealer in Queensland. In any case, searching the DOTARS/RVCS/SEVS website came up with this list:

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/sevs/sevsindex.htm (dated 17/11/2006)

Unfortunately no NSX, but Civic Type-Rs are coming in. Have a look at the following links if you are interested:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=8304 (2002 White 61km @ $27,400)
http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=8305 (2002 Pearl White 60km @ $29,400)
http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=8306 (2002 Black 25km @ $33,500)

However, read this first: http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modules/wffaq/article.php?t=19

There is an NSX-R in the country (in SA), and I have a magazine with the article. Need to find a scanner...

One more thing, looks like lots of NSXs are going up for sale (obviously 1+2 only):
1) Car Sales (9)
2) Drive (6)
3) Cars Guide (2)
4) Autotrader/Trading Post (1)

Danny

Last edited:
on carsales.com, there are SIX auto's to only THREE manuals.... that's depressing. :frown:

i think the last red/black NSX listed on drive.com is a bargin. :wink:

Wow Danny you've certainly done your homework. Yes it is hard for Aussies to find a manual in good condition and at a good price.

I think often the private sellers are prepared to wait a long time for the right (cashed up) buyer to come along.

Example of which being the red 91 that you say is a bargain, Neo. Surely mate it can't be that good of a deal or it wouldn't have been advertised for so long? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm hasn't that one been listed for at least a year now?

OzzieJohn said:
Wow Danny you've certainly done your homework. Yes it is hard for Aussies to find a manual in good condition and at a good price.

I think often the private sellers are prepared to wait a long time for the right (cashed up) buyer to come along.

Example of which being the red 91 that you say is a bargain, Neo. Surely mate it can't be that good of a deal or it wouldn't have been advertised for so long? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm hasn't that one been listed for at least a year now?

Na it was sold when it was in QLD, i came very very close to purchasing it.
Its up for sale again from the NSW owner who bought. apperently he has had a few offers of 40k but has knocked em back.
Im still interested in this car but only cause im going to modd one :)
Oh and i live is sydney and it WONT be staying red hahahaha

But yea we see what happens

I personally think that is the most cleanest originally presented NSX in Australia, only thing wrong is that it is native to Sydney ie RED, :biggrin: :biggrin:

I liked the look of that yellow one on drive for a $1.

i know the red one needs a respray badly you can see that the colour has faded in the pics it looks more pink lol.

Considering what i would like to do to the red one for 49k im not to fussed about the body. the hard question is how to go about getting it lol. put my self in debt for a car or buy a house n try to factor it into the loan with my savings ect. But yeah a rough body dun mean much when u wide body it n paint it black :)

I wish i could find a cheap enough manual targa to tho :(

yeah the yellow on drive lol

Back