• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto Carrier

I need a recommendation from someone who has used an auto shipper/carrier for his nsx. I am shipping my '91 NSX with pristine exterior from California to Alabama, door-to-door. Open Carriers are the standard in auto shipping, even with brand new vehicles. Should I pay the premium for a Closed Carrier on a car having a market value less than $40K?

Do a search in new owners and owners forums for "car transporter", "car shipper", "car hauler", you get the idea. This has come up 100x before. I would not ship an NSX open. You could also search for specific shipping company names like Intercity, Passport, Exotic Car Transport, Reliable, etc.

I have used Intercity & Exotic Car Transport & been very happy with both.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reponses. I have requested quotes on most of the auto transporters that nsxprime members have used with satisfaction.

I need a recommendation from someone who has used an auto shipper/carrier for his nsx. I am shipping my '91 NSX with pristine exterior from California to Alabama, door-to-door. Open Carriers are the standard in auto shipping, even with brand new vehicles. Should I pay the premium for a Closed Carrier on a car having a market value less than $40K?
Drive it!
I did 1200 miles in my "new" 91 NSX.
Also, back in the day, I did San Diego to Pensacola in a Pantera...36h 15m solo.

Drive it!
I did 1200 miles in my "new" 91 NSX.
Also, back in the day, I did San Diego to Pensacola in a Pantera...36h 15m solo.

The idea of driving sounds tempting. Once before, my brother and I took turns driving an Acura Integra from the SF Bay Area to Cleveland. It was a wonderful drive. Incidentally, it is my brother buying my NSX. :)

Back