• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto just lost third gear Help Please!

Stopped at a light and when I pulled off auto trans got 1st, 2nd then redline like car was in neutral let off gas it shifted to 4th. 92 auto with 88K. Transmission full of fluid and the D is NOT flashing. Need help!!

Sorry to hear about your tranny. When my auto transmission started to go in my '89 5.0 mustang, it did the same thing as yours. I think it was redlining in 1st and had to let off the gas to get into 2nd gear and then eventually it never got into 3rd (Drive). I ended up selling the thing while it was still driveable for a more reliable car (Honda) ;-D

But I noticed you are in Raleigh also. Did you you just get your NSX? PM me offline so I can get your contact info and introduce you to the others and maybe get together in the spring!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Sorry to hear this. We can rebuild an auto transmission for you on an exchange basis (we have a core in stock). Please contact if interested.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you end up deciding to replace your automatic transmission, please contact us also for a quote on a replacement automatic transmission. We offer a 1yr/12,000 mile limited warranty.

Originally posted by legend2nsx:
New Transmission $6100 parts and labor. OUCH!

------------------
www.acrmotorsports.com / 949-929-8973

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 10 February 2003).]

Back