• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autograph inside glove box lid.

Nope, just a lucky few.

i had mine signed on the middle visor

There's a good chance your glovebox was singled during NSXPO 2006 by Mr. Uehera.

Well its in mine too! I just bought and i am the 2nd owner guess Ill have to get the story behind it. Thx Spidy

If you look at the avatar of alum04org you will see a gentleman sitting in a car getting ready to sign a glovebox. That is the same man that signed yours. Mr. Uehera is his name, and he is considered to be the 'Father of the NSX'. He was one of the main design engineers of the NSX originally, and is part of the reason the car turned out to be such an amazing vehicle.

An original glove box signature from Mr. Uehara is fairly rare. We invited him to attend NSXPO 2006 in Florida and there were a number of us who had him sign our glove boxes at the Space Center parking lot. He did appear at a couple of other events in the states where some were fortunate to have him sign theirs and the only other event was when a group of us traveled to Japan for Fiesta in 2010 and a couple actually brought their glove box/lids with them for signing. My best estimate would be less than 100 in total have been signed by him.

102310646_HtKz6-L.jpg

102310640_mCSr6-L.jpg

102310649_Z8DAS-L.jpg

102367579_KRfyu-L.jpg

102529026_8nxcH-L.jpg

1095469646_44DFc-L.jpg

1095469359_jEJUo-L.jpg

An original glove box signature from Mr. Uehara is fairly rare. We invited him to attend NSXPO 2006 in Florida and there were a number of us who had him sign our glove boxes at the Space Center parking lot. He did appear at a couple of other events in the states where some were fortunate to have him sign theirs and the only other event was when a group of us traveled to Japan for Fiesta in 2010 and a couple actually brought their glove box/lids with them for signing. My best estimate would be less than 100 in total have been signed by him.

I had him sign all sorts of NSX paraphernalia, however not my glovebox.

I had him sign all sorts of NSX paraphernalia
I didn't even have an NSX at the time but I had him sign some non-NSX paraphernalia: My Legend dashboard! Couldn't resist the chance to have a Legend sign a Legend. September 2010, Honda S2000 Homecoming II event at Acura/Honda headquarters in Torrance, California.

shigeru_uehara.jpg

MrSpidy, congrats - looks like you've got a special glove box!

Mine is signed between the seats in the rear

You can tell if a signed glovebox was from 2006 at the Space Center because every signature contained the inscription "NSXPO 2006" as shown in my photo above.

Yes but he signed some cars at the Vendor Expo and some of those didn't have that written on there.

My glove box liner was signed from the 2006 NSXPO but he signed it to me by name and the last four of my VIN number as well.
I had him sign one for my friend and past NSX owner and member here "m3456y" at the same time.
Very gracious of him to take the time in his busy days for us.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
If I remember correctly isn't there one prime member who had him sign the passenger side front fender of his NSX.

Back