• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Automatic's

Coz

Legendary Member
Is there anything that has been posted or in the files about automatic's ?
Thanks all.

One more question: The NSX automatic's don't have a shifter on the stering colum as does the Porsche automatic's do they ?
Never seen an automatic NSX and curious.
Thanks.

Originally posted by Coz:
Is there anything that has been posted or in the files about automatic's ?
Thanks all.

One more question: The NSX automatic's don't have a shifter on the stering colum as does the Porsche automatic's do they ?

The '91-94 NSX does not. The SportShift automatic, which includes the ability to upshift and downshift using the shifter on the steering column (similar to the P-car's Tiptronic), was introduced beginning with the 1995 NSX.

I have a 95T with a SportShift. I really like it after ruining my hip on a M3 clutch. It's so much easier running through corners. It's great as I don't have to heel-toe, just drive like it's a go-kart - one foot on the gas and the other on the brake. It's a lot easier getting the rev's to match when driving into a corner. The Shifting could be faster especially on the down shifts.

Here's a pic of the lever. Actually works out pretty good as it seems that on most turns I only need to turn the wheel 1/4 turn in either direction.

View

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Back