• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Automobile Mag 20 Greatest Cars of the past two decades

BD

Legendary Member
April Issue of Automobile Magazine had a good write up on the NSX on Page 48. Interestingly, it was the first on the list of 20. But.. They have some weird pick as well.. Chrysler Mini Van????

NSX
M3
M5
Corvette C6 Z06
300C
Chrysler Minivan
F40
F430
Accord
Civic Si
Jeep Cherokee
LS400
Miata
Mini
300E
Boxter
300ZX Turbo
VW GTI
WRX

Vancehu said:
They have some weird pick as well.. Chrysler Mini Van????
The Chrysler Corporation minivan (Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager) was an extremely influential vehicle. It was the first minivan. It created an entirely new segment in the industry.

jeep chorekee? i'm guessing because it started the SUV craze? it's a pretty good list but i would replace the 430 with the F355

nsxtasy said:
The Chrysler Corporation minivan (Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager) was an extremely influential vehicle. It was the first minivan. It created an entirely new segment in the industry.

Moreover, it pretty much saved Chrysler Corp from bankrupcy

NSXPERT said:
Moreover, it pretty much saved Chrysler Corp from bankrupcy
Actually, that role is usually ascribed to the "K car" (e.g. Dodge Aries) which came a few years earlier.

can someone please explain their knowlegable thoughts on why civic si is there? i would think that either the CTR or the ITR would be in its place...but not no second class SI (second class to where the si is coming behind type r as first class)

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
can someone please explain their knowlegable thoughts on why civic si is there? i would think that either the CTR or the ITR would be in its place...but not no second class SI (second class to where the si is coming behind type r as first class)

Maybe because ITR wasn't really obtainable, and CTR is not offerered in the US?

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:

I read somewhere that the Civic Si was the car that jumpstart the import car modding scene. Perhaps this was why they ranked it.

nsxtasy said:
Huh? Then what's that car in my avatar?

Now it is, you can find one easy. When it first came out in 97, only 500 was imported. I know, I was working for Honda back in the days.

They meant ALL Civics. The '06 Si was just the car they showed in one picture.

It's also interesting to note that some manufacturers have up to three cars on the list of twenty while others remain absent. ;)

Back