• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Autowave's The Best

Well, after 9 weeks, I just got my NSX back from Autowave yesterday. And wow, what a great job Shane, Ron and especially Mark, did on my car. Mark is a lunatic for detail and the entire underpinnings of the car look better than new. They all went out of their way to do the car right and make me happy, and never complained when I called them almost every day We got most of the parts from SOS (Thanks, Chris and Seth!) and Comptech.

They did my 60K service, replaced the timing belt/water pump, associated plugs, gaskets, etc., plus changed most of the hoses. They put in the lightweight flywheel and RPS clutch, (not as heavy as I thought it'd be). Then, in went the Cantrell AIS, Comptech headers, Taitec Lightweight exhaust.

Changed to SS Brake lines, Brembo slotted rotors, Hawk Street/Race pads.
Put in the entire Comptech adjustable suspension, yellow Koni's, NSX-R sway bars Front/rear, and the NSX-R Chassis braces. Eric Messley, (suspension/alignment EXPERT), spent 14 hours lowering the car an 1" and aligning it slightly more towards race than street. Eric is well-known to the 250cc shifter cart world and also as the genius behind Doug Hyashi's flamemobile. Thanks, Eric !

But . . . . the biggest install was the Cobra Imola II seats with the SOS Harness bar and Sparco 5 pt harnesses. Took 2 fittings with helmet on to get the height and distance to pedals right, since neither seat is movable, but fitted to me, (6'0", 165lbs). This was definitely the bear of this job, but Shane and Mark hung in there and did it right. We used parts of the SOS seat mounts, the Cobra mounts, and a few fabricated pieces.

I just completed the Fast Lane driver's School at Willow 3 weeks ago and have entered the next NASA HPDE 2/3 event at Willow September 10th and 11th. Can't wait to put my car to the real test! I hope to be able to enter around 10 events in SCCA PDE, NASA HPDE and TCRA before the end of the year, slowly building up speed before adding any more hp. Then, if I can convince my wonderfully sweet wife, maybe go the twin turbo route in January.

Anyway, thanks again Shane, Mark and Ron !

SKB NSX said:
I just completed the Fast Lane driver's School at Willow 3 weeks ago and have entered the next NASA HPDE 2/3 event at Willow September 10th and 11th.
Congrats. I did the first day the Fast Lane driver's school. Who were your on track instructors?

I actually used my NSX in the school! :biggrin:

Hey Gene,

I'd actually taken the Jim Russel FF school at Willow in (hate to date myself) 1980 and rented a school car for some races in '80 and '81.
I took the 3 day Fast Lane course to refresh myself, (got in 660 track miles in 3 days!), and the my instructors were Danny McKeever Jr, Scott Achison, Raul Moreno, and Jim xxx, the current SCCA Regional Head Instructor. They were all fantastic and I probably learned and re-learned more in those 3 days than 3 years of driving on my own.
I'm a huge believer in instruction and track time instead of hp. :biggrin:

SKB NSX said:
They did my 60K service, replaced the timing belt/water pump, associated plugs, gaskets, etc., plus changed most of the hoses. They put in the lightweight flywheel and RPS clutch, (not as heavy as I thought it'd be). Then, in went the Cantrell AIS, Comptech headers, Taitec Lightweight exhaust.

Changed to SS Brake lines, Brembo slotted rotors, Hawk Street/Race pads.
Put in the entire Comptech adjustable suspension, yellow Koni's, NSX-R sway bars Front/rear, and the NSX-R Chassis braces. Eric Messley, (suspension/alignment EXPERT), spent 14 hours lowering the car an 1" and aligning it slightly more towards race than street.

Wow, sounds like you had early Christmas, awesome list of items installed all at once. That is what I call doing it right the first time.

I can only imagine the look on your face after you picked up the car for a test drive :biggrin:

Shane/Mark/Ron at Autowave are the best. Mark is all about attention to details.

WOW!!! That's alot of fun stuff on your car!

Autowave has been the only place to work on my car since I bought it. Mark did a lot of extra work for free - polishing and cleaning. Excellent job.

Mark did SO much extra cleaning/polishing, it looks better than it did new. I've been working 14 hours a day lately so I've only managed to put 200 miles on the car so far, but it is much more responsive and handles like a go-cart. Very aggressive alignment.
I was expecting the RPS clutch to be much stiffer, but it's definitely livable on the street. I was also expecting the Comptech suspension to knock out my fillings, but it honestly feels pretty good.
My only problem now is the car's going to much more capable at the track than my capabilities as a driver !

Back