• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Axle Shaft

I've determined that my problem is indeed the right axle shaft. Does anyone have a clue if these are as rebuildable as any other axle shafts on the market, or should I attempt to find a used one?

Don't risk a used one I had my right side go out last year and it wasn't too bad compared to my broken door handle. This is from memory Broken Door handle = $480.00 and to remove and reinstall the right axle with a new one = $435.00 (Both jobs done @ Niello)
again both of these prices are from memory but I think they are close.
Oh by the way I did come up with a fix for the door handle which will be alot cheaper and is also a DIY repair. I gave the parts that I had made to Mark Baush and to Chris Wilson so hopefully they will make it to Dali's or Science of Speed's website soon

------------------

Originally posted by Kirk Johnson:
This is from memory Broken Door handle = $480.00 and to remove and reinstall the right axle with a new one = $435.00

Hmmm... might wanna check your memory
biggrin.gif
... the Acura dealer down here in Louisiana just quoted me $649.00 for a new axle.. and thats with my dealer discount included.. Were you referring to a rebuilt possibly?

------------------
1992 NSX

Back