• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Baby NSX

well i have a 1989 prelude 2.0Si, the so called baby nsx. i have been in love with the NSX for ever and am waiting to finally get my own. I would like to buy one for myself as a graduation present from college. I;m a 1st year at PSU in landscape architecture.

0707091943_0001.jpg

current mods, strut tower bars

future mods, drop with either megan's, ksport, or form and function, 4ws retrofit, and new wheels and tires

Last edited:
Yes! I used to have a '90 2.0Si.. It even still had the clock cover on it :D

lol I didn't get shit for my graduation present.. more of a "Hey good job".

Look for me on preludepower.com if you ever need any help, I made a good maintenance thread there that might be helpful to you even if it's for 5th gen Preludes.

Welcome...wow the lude lovers are joining forces tonight :smile:

OMG looks like my 89 Lude (my first car) ..... nice car and welcome!

This thread caught my eye.
My beloved Integra GSR that was stolen about this time last year had a license plate on it it's whole life that was 'BABYNSX'.
Man I miss that car.:frown:

I love the preludes I had a 94 Vtec blue green one back then....man I miss that car.....

One guy I knew had one of the cleanest red 91 preludes back then....it was dropped on SSR Neos 16s and had a HKS muffler back then....man it was nice looking.....

Yea I remeber when they came out with the 4WS for that body style,, was so cool,,, I wish they would have did the NSX in 4WS,, that would be bad asz, they did it for the 94-95 with the 4WS to /only a limited number i think!! think of it 4WS NSX yikes i like the sound of that!! I wouldnt be surprised if someone has done the 4WS,,the parts probably would just bolt on,, the way honda engineers things,, I wish it did though /wishful thinking

Prelude lover my self. I had three generations of prelude myself. I had an 84, 89 4WS, and a 97 SH.

I am still looking to get back into a 91 SI 4WS just to drive around for fun when I'm not in the NSX.

my two BABIES (gone):

ludes.jpg

I LOVED those cars so much .... the NSX has the old Honda feel, my S2000 didn't have that weird Honda old school feeling ..

Oscar

Welcome! :cool:

Never had a Lude myself, but always loved the styling. I'm a product of several CRX's, on to a '92 Integra GSR "The True NSX Baby" :biggrin: and a '00 Type R...:smile:

I miss all my honda's!

penn state university, in central pa

but yeah i like it (for now), it gets better mpg than my 1975 jeep and is much more fun, and will be even more so when it gets some mods.

i would have to say though that an nsx would be much more fun though, and if anyone is ever in the area and would like to trade me cars im always available

-Brandon

p.s. ludapower, im scorpionsf on PP

Last edited:
haha i honestly don't care if they lost or not. i was expecting osu to win. pryor is too much of an animal and PSU took a shit in every aspect of the game. they deserved to lose by a lot more.

anyone gonna be near state college this weekend???

Look for me on preludepower.com if you ever need any help, I made a good maintenance thread there that might be helpful to you even if it's for 5th gen Preludes.

Luda, didn't expect to see you here. Your maintenance thread on PP is the freakin' bible. You have an NSX?

well i have a 1989 prelude 2.0Si, the so called baby nsx. i have been in love with the NSX for ever and am waiting to finally get my own. I would like to buy one for myself as a graduation present from college. I;m a 1st year at PSU in landscape architecture.

0707091943_0001.jpg

current mods, strut tower bars

future mods, drop with either megan's, ksport, or form and function, 4ws retrofit, and new wheels and tires

I feel the same as you do. I still have my 89 prelude 4WS. I love it. Its my daily and my NSX is the weekend toy. I also still have my 91 VFR:cool:

Attachments

• All Three.jpg
    All Three.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 251

thanks for your help with my ignition problem on my 5th Gen earlier today! :tongue:

PSU = Portland State? I'm always up there for work/pleasure :)

This is the first I ever heard of the Prelude being a "Baby NSX" - I know my buddy swears his 2001 Accord coupe is the "baby NSX" because the taillights run the length of the rear just like the nsx.....:eek:

I have the same handle on all the car forum sites (m3forum, PP, nsx, s2ki, etc)

btw IMO the s2000 is the "baby nsx" :)

Last edited:
I am still looking to get back into a 91 SI 4WS just to drive around for fun when I'm not in the NSX.
They're such addicting cars! I've owned two 1991 Si 4WS's, an '89 Si, and '89 Si 4WS. Just sold this one to an NSX owner on here - "nigel." He's picking it up in a few weeks. I posted it for sale on the Legend forums and it was spoken for within a couple of days.

front_left_2-2.jpg

back-15.jpg

right_rear-5.jpg

dash-4.jpg

interior_left.jpg

interior_right-1.jpg

engine-9.jpg

front_left-6.jpg

I feel the same as you do. I still have my 89 prelude 4WS. I love it. Its my daily and my NSX is the weekend toy.
Where in AZ are you? Great car duo.

This is the first I ever heard of the Prelude being a "Baby NSX" - I know my buddy swears his 2001 Accord coupe is the "baby NSX" because the taillights run the length of the rear just like the nsx.....:eek:
if you didnt notice from the posted pics, the 2nd and 3rd generation prelude had those lights first. maybe thats why i always consider that style accord the accord/prelude hybrid

Back