• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Backordered Comptech Supercharger?

Joined
21 January 2004
Messages
7,965
Location
New Brunswick, NJ
Am I the only one here still waiting for their supercharger from comptech?
Im not upset or mad just anxious... I can barely sleep :wink:
 
Now I know what to expect when it's time to order mine, probably next year. But I hope you don't have to wait too long. I certainly know what you're going through. I had a CTSC installed on my Acura CL more than a year ago. I could hardly wait to get it done... and when it was in the shop having the CTSC installed, I don't think I slept for two days. :D Afterward, it made a huge difference/improvement in the car's drive-ability and I still get great gas mileage. So I hope that I'll see similar improvements in my NSX once I get one installed.

I'll be waiting to see how your install goes and what your impressions will be afterwards...
 
NSX-Tuner said:
Now I know what to expect when it's time to order mine, probably next year. But I hope you don't have to wait too long. I certainly know what you're going through. I had a CTSC installed on my Acura CL more than a year ago. I could hardly wait to get it done... and when it was in the shop having the CTSC installed, I don't think I slept for two days. :D Afterward, it made a huge difference/improvement in the car's drive-ability and I still get great gas mileage. So I hope that I'll see similar improvements in my NSX once I get one installed.

I'll be waiting to see how your install goes and what your impressions will be afterwards...


How is your trany doing, any issues yet, I have not done anything to my CL Type S due to fear of complete transmision melt-down. I have had three of them replaced already and I have aprox 35000 miles

Dave
 
DDozier said:
How is your trany doing, any issues yet, I have not done anything to my CL Type S due to fear of complete transmision melt-down. I have had three of them replaced already and I have aprox 35000 miles

Dave

Forgot to mention... it's an '03 CLS 6MT... :D so no worries...
 
NSX-Tuner said:
Now I know what to expect when it's time to order mine, probably next year. But I hope you don't have to wait too long. I certainly know what you're going through. I had a CTSC installed on my Acura CL more than a year ago. I could hardly wait to get it done... and when it was in the shop having the CTSC installed, I don't think I slept for two days. :D Afterward, it made a huge difference/improvement in the car's drive-ability and I still get great gas mileage. So I hope that I'll see similar improvements in my NSX once I get one installed.

I'll be waiting to see how your install goes and what your impressions will be afterwards...


I have driven many CTSC equipped CLs, TLs and NSXs. You will notice it more on the NSX especially if you do the high boost kit.
 
still waiting :wink:
 
how long is the wait normally for a comptech supercharger? Im still waiting
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
how long is the wait normally for a comptech supercharger? Im still waiting

There isn't a "normal" waiting time, it's just that if they are out of stock on one or more parts you need to wait for them to get those parts back in stock. I'm sure Comptech can give you a better idea of when that may be than someone on this forum.
 
pbassjo said:
How long have you been waiting?

maybe 3 weeks, im just so excited that its killing me! I need SPEED :biggrin:
 
Mike,

Sorry to hear about the lengthy wait.. It must feel like eternity...
 
just spoke to nate at comptech! shipping out next week, definatly. I can now party the holiday weekend away and look forward the the FI quest upon my arrival home. Ocean city, MD here I come :biggrin: Anyone know of any good spots down there?
 
I called Comptech today and asked if they had any supercharger kits to sell for my 1996. I was told "no" and that they would definitely take 3-4 weeks from today to ship as they were waiting for components from their suppliers.
You probably are getting special "rush" service being that you are a dealer.
 
Last edited:
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
just spoke to nate at comptech! shipping out next week, definatly. I can now party the holiday weekend away and look forward the the FI quest upon my arrival home. Ocean city, MD here I come :biggrin: Anyone know of any good spots down there?


Seacrets is a good place to party :biggrin:
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
just spoke to nate at comptech! shipping out next week, definatly. I can now party the holiday weekend away and look forward the the FI quest upon my arrival home. Ocean city, MD here I come :biggrin: Anyone know of any good spots down there?

Good to hear... hope the delivery arrives as planned and that your install goes well. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until next year before ordering my CTSC... but this will probably make me appreciate the CTSC even more once it's installed... :D
 
brandonson said:
Seacrets is a good place to party :biggrin:

Ill have to check it out! Hopefully I can bring my car down next week :eek: Comptech is shipping the CTSC directly to you so be on the look out :biggrin:
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Ill have to check it out! Hopefully I can bring my car down next week :eek: Comptech is shipping the CTSC directly to you so be on the look out :biggrin:


Cool, I will call you when it comes in.
 
brandonson said:
Seacrets is a good place to party :biggrin:

GREAT CALL, i practically lived there for sat-monday :biggrin: Lots of woman and a ton of booze :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
GREAT CALL, i practically lived there for sat-monday :biggrin: Lots of woman and a ton of booze :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:


When you have a ton of booze you usually end up with of lot of woman..........get it ?
 
UPDATE: "shipping out the beginning of next week" :frown: No big deal, just excited.... Im sure its worth the wait :biggrin:
 
brandonson said:
When you have a ton of booze you usually end up with of lot of woman..........get it ?

:eek: :wink:

Seacrets is a blast; great atmosphere and the food is awesome. Wish I'd read about this sooner - I'm only 20-30 minutes away from OC. Would have let toy around with my CTSC-equipped, two-tone '04 to give you a taste of what's coming!

Ryan
 
RyanITV said:
:eek: :wink:

Seacrets is a blast; great atmosphere and the food is awesome. Wish I'd read about this sooner - I'm only 20-30 minutes away from OC. Would have let toy around with my CTSC-equipped, two-tone '04 to give you a taste of what's coming!

Ryan

I really, really hate you :biggrin: I had a E46 M3 with Breyton Magic racing's so I was still "living the high life" but an NSX would have been a certified "spot blower" :eek: I did see a red NSX, targa I think down at one of the the hotels. I like seacrets a lot! That "green turtle place" seemed like fun too but seacrests is simply unreal. I stayed at the HOLIDAY INN on 66th and really loved my little vacation. I had never been to OC before and will definatly be-back. Maybe an NSX MEET down there? NSX's, woman, and the beach-what else could one ask for? I also got sucked into to SPEEDWORLD! Those go carts are a blast :smile:
 
Speaking as someone who got bored and dumped a new 02' M3 CiC after 10 months, a blown NSX is no comparison. :D

Did you take Rt 1 to the beach or the Cape May-Lewes Ferry? I can see Rt. 1 from my deck and am about 4 miles north of where the ferry drops you onto Rt. 1 south.

Ryan
 
Back
Top