• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Ass Sunglasses thread!

+1

I still have pairs that date back to 2000. (Spy Viktor, and Oakley Square Wire are my 2 oldest) I have never "lost" a pair of sunglasses- broken them yes, but lost? No.

P

I find it funny that people just don't value their eyes as much as they should.

As far as I'm concern, one's vision is priceless.

Take that away and the NSX is useless to the master.....

Sadly I must report my "never lost sunglasses" claim is no longer valid.

1st lost pair- I lent my gloss black Gascans to a buddy last summer and he lost them in a river.

2nd lost pair- I foolishly believed a sunglass stringer would keep my Spy Curtis glasses on my head when I eskimo rolled a kayak in a lake- I came up sans eye protection...

That is 2 pairs down in just one summer, but now replaced with 2 new pairs

1. Oakley Felons - I like gold aviator style glasses, and got these off Oakley vault for cheap.

2. My first pair of Oakley RX sunglasses- matte black Gascans (my favorite this is my 3rd pair) with polarized grey lenses.

Also- I gave my Black/Black Oakley Spikes to a friend of mine that really liked them. I never really wore them as they were pretty heavy on my nose

I currently have
Global Gascan
Gascan (Matte/ Polarized RX)- LOVE these! It is like I installed High Definition monitors in my brain.
Gascan S (brown tortoise)
Crosshairs (chrome)
Felon (Gold)
Flakjackets (black)
Montefrios (green tortoise with script oakley)
square wires (gunmetal)
O wires (gunmental- these are rx glasses)
O2s (gunmetal RX glasses)
Hollowpoints (black RX glasses)
Tumbler (Black RX glasses)

Non- Oakley...

RayBan New Aviators- chrome with grey lenses
Bolle polarized wraps (don't know the model name)
Spy Viktor (like wayfarers with gray interior)
Smith Toaster (interchangeable lens system- too small for my head though)
Maui Jim Aviators (polarized)

Last edited:
mine: Ducati Fives Squared

4b50b6d91ec76.jpg

Don't know how I missed this thread...

X Metal XX 24K/24K iridium - those are the ultimate for me. After years of Spy GT Aluminums I got a wild hair and picked a pair up on Flea bay:
XMetalXX_24K_24K.jpg

Out of production, the lenses are great to look through but the style is sometimes too much. However, they got me interested in the rest of the X-metal family. Oakley makes tons of different glasses in a variety of materials but only the x-metals interest me. If you pick up a set of frames there are many aftermarket as well as Oakley lenses and if you scratch them just replace them. If the glasses get worn down and the flex coupler (nose piece) gets loose you can send them back to Oakley for a refresh where they drill out the rivets and replace them as well as the coupler inside the nose piece to tighten them up. In the temples there are "t-shox" that are removable and in different thicknesses to make the earpieces fit perfectly on different sized heads.

Juliets are great for everyday use, are still in production and available in a huge variety of frame colors and lenses:

Juliet_Plasma_FireHydrophobic.jpg

Long out of production, Mars (esp leather) to be different:

Mars_Leather_Gold.jpg

Or Red:

Mars_XMetal_Ruby.jpg

Or the Penny for smaller faces:

Penny_Titanium_VR28.jpg

They hold their value and are appreciating a little so they are a whole lot more fun to invest in than the stock market...

I have been wearing Serengeti Drivers Gradient Sunglasses since the mid 1980's
Corning Optics makes the real glass lenses with prescription quality glass.
They are polarized and they have "Driver" right in the name, so they must be good! Plus, they are reasonably priced for quality sunglasses. (about $120)

This is my current pair:

31udv12Vr0L._SX342_.jpg

But, I actually still have my original Aviators from the 80's and use them often.

I usually only buy cheap sunglasses $5-10, but I had to get these when I saw them. They are my current pair, Oakley Batwolf, I think I paid like $230. They were actually cheaper than at the Oakley store at the same mall.

front-oo9101-07clr-oakley-1_1000x1000.jpg
oakley-batwolf-snglscleariceirid-10.jpg

Ray Ban Tech Silver carbon Fiber $224

I think I paid $216 (played the military card) after taxes at a sunglasses hut inside Macy's at the gateway mall in Dallas.

rb8305_083_82.png

Last edited:
Ray Ban Tech Silver carbon Fiber $224

I think I paid $216 (played the military card) after taxes at a sunglasses hut inside Macy's at the gateway mall in Dallas.

rb8305_083_82.png

Very nice. I was an Oakley addict for a while but got to feeling like their styles were too crazy along with their pricing. My son turned me on to Maui Jim Sports glasses and I loooove the Hanaiei:

MauiJim.Hanalei.16018.jpg

Super lightweight, absolutely indestructible and can be had for right at $150.

Great fan of Oakley here. I am the model. :tongue:
DSC00578.JPG
DSC00579.JPG
DSC00580.JPG

DSC00581.JPG
DSC00582.JPG
DSC00584.JPG

DSC00585.JPG
DSC00583.JPG

DSC00756.JPG
DSC00769.JPG
110826-151053.jpg