• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bad buyer experience with RJP

Well i am sad that it has come to this but RJP has dodged the issue for too long. A while back i purchased the taitec inconell exhaust from him in new condition and i agreed to pay his full asking price and paypal fees with no issue(just bought it for the nice lookin blue flamed tips for a show car). I requested it get sent to my friends office in blaine washington as i lived in canada and didnt want to deal with the custom issues which he agreed to. I was in hurry to get it but it didnt arrive till after i had to leave on vacation so i let it sit there knowing it had arrived by looking via the internet tracking on fedex. After i got back from vacation work was insane with jobs to get completed so i could not make it there for awhile(six weeeks did pass) and i finally got to the border to pick up my exhaust. When i got there the box was placed in a safe area in the corner and to my dismay i looked and the exhasut tips were sticking out of the box. one was bent and the other was scratched to $%^&. the front of the box was so nicely wrapped but the side where the tips were torn to shreds due to the fact that the tips were sharp and sprung through. I opened the box and looked and there was no protection at all to where the tips meets the box. I called RJ and discussed the issue as soon as i got to the drop zone and basically said he would file a claim with fedex which he found out was too late as i got the box 4 weeks later. I told him fedex would not cover the claim regardless due to the shipper not protecting the goods. Basically after going back and forth RJ shrugged off the issue and didnt not offer any resolution and said it had been too long to do anything. I understand the time frame issue but for him to shrug it off is a joke.:frown:

Sorry, to hear that you had a bad experience with RJP. I brought several OEM NSX-R parts from him and he always came through form me. Most of the time he ships the product before I get around to pay for it.

RJP has been a great asset to Prime with his low prices and very fast shipping.

I requested it get sent to my friends office in blaine washington as i lived in canada and didnt want to deal with the custom issues which he agreed to.

Aren't your friend supposed to receive the package for you? If the exhasut tips were sticking out of the box as you mentioned, your friend should refused the package and have it returned to RJP.:confused:

Aren't your friend supposed to receive the package for you? If the exhasut tips were sticking out of the box as you mentioned, your friend should refused the package and have it returned to RJP.:confused:

+1

I also had good luck with RJ. In all fairness the NSX-R parts that I ordered from him if anything were overpackaged.

As far as I can tell your friend should have let you know in advance so RJ could have claimed.

AR

Sorry to hear that. Ordered parts from RJ and always had great success, and his prices on type-r parts, and other parts are hard to beat.Parts always arrive to me within 3-days of placing order. Frank

unfortunatley it is a elderly lady friend that works there and allows me to ship parts there and is unaware of the protocol of accepting goods that are damaged, she just signs for them and keeps them there till i arrive.

i honestley think fedex would not refund and money on a claim due to the fact that the parcel was poorly packed and not protected.

Great experience with RJ. He even called me a couple back a couple of times quickly when I pm'd him.

Having thousands of dollars of merchandise damaged and become unusable has got to suck, I know. Since time has passed, it's difficult to determine who is at blame..

Can it be refinished/repaired in some fashion?

Good luck.

Out of all the shippers I have ever used, FedEx has to be one of the worst in damages and customer service. When a shipment gets damaged, it is always a "lose-lose" situation because the customer blames us, we blame the customer for accepting a trashed box, etc.

By the way, anytime you see damage on a box when accepting a package, you should always inspect the contents before signing for it. Once you sign for it, it becomes very difficult to deal with the shipping company.

I don't know how good/bad RJP packed the box for you, but I do know how bad FedEx is. In fact, we stopped using FedEx because of how terrible they have been. Anyhow, sorry about the bad luck.

Ben

Just started dealing with RJ, but yeah he's been excellent so far.

I second the fact that the tips should have been wrapped regardless of how it arrived. Actually, the whole exhaust should have been wrapped especially the tips due to its shape (pointed and can puncture the box which will lead to damage).

Does it look like it's the same box it would've shipped in from Japan?

I have to agree here. RJP is a very good vendor. It is the responsibility of the receiver to inspect damaged packages at time of delivery. Do you expect RJ to take it back when it was clearly fedex's fault. He did at least file the claim.

Sometimes when I get a damaged package, I am reluctant to send it back to the shipper without first seeing what damage exist and talking to the shipper first. I first concern is that I might be out product and money. Plus this puts me at the mercy of the shipper.

What type of problems have people had with refusing packages?

Does this differ from vendors and private sales?

Does any one else have the same concerns or am I worried for nothing?

I'm sorry for your problem ,but I also have nothing but praise for RJ. As far as packaging goes heck everything I got from him took longer to unpack than to put on the car.

I have ordered from him a few times and RJ is a great guy. Never had a problem, actually he goes out of his way for his customers. I also bought a exhaust from him but the tips were protected. Remember that most of the time how you receive items like exhausts are how they were packaged from the manufacturer. My guess is the manufacturer is the one that didn't correctly protect the tips. Can't you just have new tips put on?

+1 to this....FedEx has got to be the worst shipper in the world. I too have had to deal many times with their shippments showing up broken or not showing up at all....

Out of all the shippers I have ever used, FedEx has to be one of the worst in damages and customer service. When a shipment gets damaged, it is always a "lose-lose" situation because the customer blames us, we blame the customer for accepting a trashed box, etc.

By the way, anytime you see damage on a box when accepting a package, you should always inspect the contents before signing for it. Once you sign for it, it becomes very difficult to deal with the shipping company.

I don't know how good/bad RJP packed the box for you, but I do know how bad FedEx is. In fact, we stopped using FedEx because of how terrible they have been. Anyhow, sorry about the bad luck.

Ben

I only have had good experience(s) dealing with RJP. Ordered a bunch of item from him and he been always a pleasure to deal with. Sorry that your item was damaged from shipping. Normally, I wouldn't accept or sign for a package w/o inspecting the item esp. if the box was obviously damaged.

sounds like a time issue that rjp had nothing to do with...I ordered a Taitec form him and it arrived two days later in perfect shape...Next time just have it shipped to you directly and this prolly wouldn't have happened...:redface:

NSXRM,
I've been waiting about 6 months for my wheel. where is it. :mad:
I've been very patient and call, left messages and you still have not delivered the wheel that you "borrowed." It is hard to sympathize with your problems when you yourself do not show any concern. Do the right thing and ship the wheel to me, I need it back.

Paul

Back