• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Bad to run 18" rims all around?

Hello- In my ongoing quest for an NSX I'm still planning on running 18" rims on the front. I know everyone does a 17/18 or 1 inch plus on the rims, but will this do anything considering overall handling & feedback, I have heard it can mess up the TCS system . The offset is +44 on a 18x8 Blitz03. Thanks Anyone!

------------------
93RX7TT-(4sale for NSX!)
95 Legend LS Coupe
89 Mazda MPV-Daily Beater

You're going to have a tough time finding tires that will fit without rubbing and without causing problems with the TCS. What brand and size tires are you planning to use?

I've seen a couple NSX runnning 225/35 or 215/35- havent decided on brand until I know it is ok. I also remember one of Mark Johnsons Orange trophy car on 18" up front, but I'm sure the rims were made to fit.

I just recently purchased a 91 with 18" all the way around, and I have had no problems with rubbing (225-35-18) or with the TCS, it still comes on when the tires are slipping. I am running Pirelli PZEROS, and they seem like a great tire but a little soft.
hope this helps

If you run the right tire size combo TCS will be fine. You will definitely be limited on matching tire options though. It is not necessarily bad, but you are adding more weight and are more likely to damage the wheels using super low-profile tires.

thanks for the info...good to hear TCS should be ok. I dont really want to run such a low profile, but I love the rim and dont want to fork out another 1k for two 17".
Does anyone know if the overall handling will be affected, better or worse? since stock is smaller in the front...

Originally posted by nsx24:
I just recently purchased a 91 with 18" all the way around, and I have had no problems with rubbing (225-35-18) or with the TCS, it still comes on when the tires are slipping. I am running Pirelli PZEROS, and they seem like a great tire but a little soft.
hope this helps

Is it on a stock suspension? What kind of suspension are you running and how much does it lower the car by?

Back