• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im in love w/ the NSX to my surprise

Hi guys..heres my lil story...

I was a Infantry soldier 10 years ago making very little money with my wife owning a small buisness that did about average $ per year. (Average as in average person..Not average buisness) We lived fairly comfortably and my first love was a 1998 V6 camaro.

I did everything possible to that car and ended up with a SC pushing 217 rwhp on the dyno. I quickly realized just how slow it was...Well I moved up in the ranks and money got a little better. I then traded the V6 camaro in for a brand new 2004 C5. I did H/C on that car and pushed 378 rwhp on the dyno. Very fun car..

But then my wife sold her small buisness and bought a differant buisness. Well my wifes income increased about 6 times what she was making wife the old buisness. Times were good and I decided I eighter wanted a Viper or an NSX...

I looked and looked but could only find one NSX and one Viper for sale on my hawaiian island at the time...A 99 rt10 Viper and a 1995 NSX...Now keep in mind that my C5 was a brand new 2004 and it was now 2006...

I went and checked out the 1995 NSX first. the first thing I saw was that the interior was pretty beat up. Also the black paint was pretty shabby. id give this car a 6.5 over all on a scale of 1-10...And then I drove it..Needless to say it handled great but the power compared to my 378 rwhp c5 was just unaceptable. But the seller had a 50 shot of Nos up his sleeve. But even when on the spray she was still a bit slower than my much newer much cleaner C5..

Up next I went and looked at the 99 Viper. The first thing I noticed was that it needed a paint job and the interior needed a lil tweaking..But oh what an engine. This bone stock 99 Viper was much faster than my C5. I bought the 99 RT10 viper and tweaked the interior my self and had it all repainted red a few months later. Overall after I was done it was a solid 8.5 car...Took her to the dyno and she hit 410/465 SAE bone stock...

But it wasnt ment to be..I put the car into a wall only a year later..Very sad..But it is what it is...

I then decided to try out a 2003 SRT10 Viper....What an amazing looking/Handling/interior having vehicle...A huge upgrade over the gen2 Vipers in every way...This one dynoed 465/493 with only KN filters and roller rockers when I first got her..Later a lil more with exhaust..This was a car I could keep for another 10 years...But it also wasnt ment to be. I put her into a wall after only 8 months of ownership.

So here I am car shopping again. I had a dealset on a 2003 SRT10 Viper with 30K in upgrades pushing 570 rwhp at the wheels Naturally asperated..A true beaste set up for straight line or road course in every single way.

But right before I was about to pull the trigger my wife said to not do it and twice was enough. A third accident may see me dead..

Wich brings me back to the NSX....If I can no longer have a Viper then I want an NSX I thought..Almost as if it was a down grade after the last one I looked at....

So I find a 2002 blue NSX but the owner never gave a price..Well Im not playing that game. Ill buy from a motivated seller any day over one who wants the right price to sell. The differance in cars like these can easily be 10K between a motivated seller and price is right seller.

So the only other one I see is another black 1995 NSX...Youve got to imagine the thought of going from a 2003 Viper to a 1995 NSX..Big down grade is the first thing that crossed my mind and I wasnt even shore if I wanted to see it...But screw it..It was the only other NSX to see so despite my last lack luster experiance with a black 95 NSX years ago..I decided to take a look.

Sorry...Had to take a short intermission..

Now were was I...

So like I was saying I decided to go check out this old 95 dinosaur that in no way I could possibly want after owning a 2003 SRT10 viper...

So I ask my buddy to take me to see it in his 2005 NSX so I could do a direct comparison and see just how old/ugly this 95 was compared to my buddies cream of the crop 2005...

Well my jaw is still on the floor guys...

I pull up and this NSX was repainted black less than a year ago. Not one rock chipp in the paint as it's been in the garage for the past 5 months since the owners wife had a baby....

I check out the rear end and compare it to my buddies 2005..I remembered how on the last 95 NSX I checked out I didnt think it was as agressive as my friends 2005. To my surprise the rear end looks exactly like my friends. The owner then says while he was painting it he figured he might as well change the rear end as it wasnt a very expensive change...

Then I roll my eyes up the 2002 style bumper of this black beauty to see a carbon fiber engine cover with a 2 foot by 2 foot glass center that lets me view the 1 year old 9 pound newer style CTSC from 15 feet away..An exoctic rear engine glass view that I remember well the first time I saw it on a 360 ferarri...Now was this a f360 caliber engine bay..Nope...But was this view of the supercharged engine through the carbon fiber/lexan glass a more exotic view than eighter of my Vipers ever had..OH yes...

Then I look in the car and see that the interior looks ever bit as good as my friends 2005. The owner then says he had all the leather completely redone a year ago besides the seats. ( the seats Id give an 8 out of 10) The rest Id give a solid 9...As I sit behind the steering wheel admiring such a beautiful example of a Japanese super car my attention is then turned to a large 9 inch screen sitting on the dash that has the same dash material surrounding it and looks like it should have come from the factory that way..."Jaw still on the ground." Then my attention is turned towards the 15,000 dollar stereo system thats surrounds me...Custom made none the less and a beautiful fit and look. He then takes me to the trunk and shows me the rest of the rear custom stereo system that also encompasses a small screen in the trunk as part of the system...This is show quality stuff..

I get out and take the top off and do a walk around...With the new paint/new interior/15K sound system/screens...WOW just wow...And then just the actual car it's self with the 18/17 inch japanese chrome rims and newer style rear with older style headlights and front end is just a work of art...

Honestly the style of this 95 with the larger rims made my friends stock 2005 look a lil wimpy ( as well i really prefer the pop up lights..Looks more exotic)

Then to top it all off the owner tells me that with the 9 psi the car hit 400 rwhp on the dyno.Im no rocket scientist but I quickly did the math and figured that 400 rwhp+3100 pounds+4.06 gears ment she wasnt gonna be quite a match for my 470 rwhp 2003 SRT10 Viper..But she was defiently gonna haul some ass and corner with the best of them with the sway bars the owner had installed.

Well Im sold and will hopefully have the car this week..

THE BEST PART??????? This car is about 20K cheaper than any viper/C6Z06/E55 AMG that I was planning on getting before I saw it.. ( and I want it more than those cars) That rear view of the engine bay throught the carbon fiber and lexan glass just hasme sold man and Im in love

Last edited:
where is the rest of the story :confused:

ahhh i see, so are you going to pick up this black beauty.

Were missing the rest of the story. What about the test drive? Surely you have a few more paragraphs in you. Come on now! I want details, enough bits and pecies.

Seriously, buy it, you wont regret it!

"But it also wasnt ment to be. I put her into a wall after only 8 months of ownership".

That comment cracked a smile on my face. Hope no broken bones!
Congrats on the NSX. You'll be hooked for life! If you can stay away from the walls for a year or two, I'll bet money that you pop a turbo in her. (And then hit a wall 6 months later:wink: )

I wonder if there are used Vipers for sale that have not run into a wall???

Cheers and have a great time!

Dont worry guys....My insurance went from 5K per year to 10K per year thanks to me wrecking those Vipers....

I have no plans to wreck any more or do the stupid illegal childish crap that had me wreck them in the first place. Street Racing...

I will daily drive this NSX..Unlike my Vipers..And want it more for the looks/handling than rawness of the Viper...

Everyone will think my 3.0 NSX is a slow running mid to high 13's car....They wont know it's really a 400 rwhp supercharged beaste capable of handing most cars their ass and that just fine with me.

With the Vipers everyone knew it was a high 11-low 12 second stock car and wanted a peice. I childishly fell into that realm..and paid the price..

I like this forum simply because street racing is not allowed.

OK..Ill try some pics now...

Attachments

• CIMG4022 (Small).JPG
    CIMG4022 (Small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1073.JPG
    DSCF1073.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 105
I'm one of those few people who thinks the 3rd gen looks much better then the 1st and 2nd gen. Those are some badass rides you had there.

welcome to the forum. 3 things to change

1. Don't tell another soul you supercharged a v6 camaro
2. Stay away from walls, you didn't put those cars in the same wall did you?
3. Move from where you live because everycar you mentioned, except that v6 camaro needed a repaint!!!!! Must be the acid rain

The street racing thing is subjective. Just don't tell us you used the v6 supercharged camaro:eek:

:biggrin:

Still trying to find some of my old C5....

Having trouble finding pics of my C5 but will post a link to my V6 camaro shortly....

The pics of my C5 are in a folder with pics of my home/family ect. I dont feel confortable showing the hole folder and it wont let me just pic out one picture. As well I cant find the link to my v6 camaro on car domain..But Ill try again now just for the heck of it.

Sorry I cant find any of the vette/viper...I think those were on my old computer that got a virus and then we bought this new one..pretty frustrating none the less

3. Move from where you live because everycar you mentioned, except that v6 camaro needed a repaint!!!!! Must be the acid rain

The street racing thing is subjective. Just don't tell us you used the v6 supercharged camaro:eek:

Hey man...This was the first car I started modding and basically the car that started my obsession back in 1998 that still continues in 2008..

But it was no ordinary V6 camaro.. Love it or hate it I built this car and even fabricated the supercharger intercooler my self since their were no intercooled super charger systems available...

Heres the link..Dont laugh to hard at the color...I was young...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/397708

Now I just gotta find pics of the vette....But that one is hard..Ill have to go post my old threads on LS1 tech/Viperalley to see were I posted it....

man this aint easy...

BTW...I live in hawaii...The sun/rain/salt is hard on the cars...But my pesky sprinkler system that leaves hard water spots is even worse..LOL

that is a pretty clever design you have there for the blower, and it even uses the stock location for the air lid for the ram air effect.

that is a pretty clever design you have there for the blower, and it even uses the stock location for the air lid for the ram air effect.

Thanks....After the intercooler the car picked up an average of 2 mph in the 1/4 mile...Thats running a non intercooled 9 psi VS intercooled 9 PSi..

Makes me wonder what intercooling the CTSC on my soon to be NSX would do power wise...

But that would be too hard for me to figure out..

With the V6 camaro I saw the outlet pipe going to the throttle body to the SC and saw they're was a lot of space their...I figured it would be as simple as cutting the outlet pipe and finding the right intercooler/couplings/T rings and getting her in their..

Took about two weeks of second guessing demensions but was well worth it in the end..

But the NSX roots style SC will be a daunting task to who evers brave enough to try and interkool it.

Hey man...This was the first car I started modding and basically the car that started my obsession back in 1998 that still continues in 2008..

But it was no ordinary V6 camaro.. Love it or hate it I built this car and even fabricated the supercharger intercooler my self since their were no intercooled super charger systems available...

Heres the link..Dont laugh to hard at the color...I was young...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/397708

ok you redeemed yourself:smile:

Thanks....After the intercooler the car picked up an average of 2 mph in the 1/4 mile...Thats running a non intercooled 9 psi VS intercooled 9 PSi..

Makes me wonder what intercooling the CTSC on my soon to be NSX would do power wise...

But that would be too hard for me to figure out..

With the V6 camaro I saw the outlet pipe going to the throttle body to the SC and saw they're was a lot of space their...I figured it would be as simple as cutting the outlet pipe and finding the right intercooler/couplings/T rings and getting her in their..

Took about two weeks of second guessing demensions but was well worth it in the end..

But the NSX roots style SC will be a daunting task to who evers brave enough to try and interkool it.

The comptech SC kit come intercooled, its a air to water intercooled system vs a air to air.

edit: My first edit didn't load for some reason. I changed my mind and I was asking the boosted guys if it does come intercooled or not.

Since it does not, that really sucks that comptech actually did cut some corners on a 10K super charger kit. Unforgivable, they could've just put a water to air intercooler and call it a day, its much better then a non intercooled kit that belongs in the middle of the car. That would be an easy 20-30whp gain just from that alone!!

Last edited:
The comptech SC kit come intercooled, its a air to water intercooled system vs a air to air.

Huh??? :confused: I know that Shad at Driving Ambitions has recently developed an aftercooler cor the CTSC as well as a couple of other Prime members. However, the CTSC doesn't come "intercooled."

Back