• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im in love w/ the NSX to my surprise

Huh??? :confused: I know that Shad at Driving Ambitions has recently developed an aftercooler cor the CTSC as well as a couple of other Prime members. However, the CTSC doesn't come "intercooled."

edit: My first edit didn't load for some reason. I changed my mind and I was asking the boosted guys if it does come intercooled or not.

Since it does not, that really sucks that comptech actually did cut some corners on a 10K super charger kit. Unforgivable, they could've just put a water to air intercooler and call it a day, its much better then a non intercooled kit that belongs in the middle of the car. That would be an easy 20-30whp gain just from that alone!!

Hey, be proud of that color. I like that green. (I am probably in the minority)

Im actually thinking of adding the 02+ front end to my 1995 and painting her all lambo green...But she looks so sinister in black that Im not sure...

Your a real thug, man. Gangsta rapper.

Im not sure Im getting this one???Ive got 4 kids plus a foster child and I work with children..Pretty far away from a thug....But I do like bright colors...My wife has a hot pink Lincoln navigator

Oh sorry..Didnt catch that..To me silver/black is more thug like and bright green is more rice like...

GOING TO GO TEST DRIVE THE NSX TODAY IN A FEW HOURS...SHOULD BE MINE SOON IF I LIKE THE DRIVE....AND DONT WORRY..IF I WANT TO RACE ILL BE GOING TO SCCA EVENTS OR FERRYING MY CAR ON A 3 HOUR BOAT RIDE TO ANOTHER ISLAND TO GO TO A DRAG STRIP

OK..So I went and drove the car.....WOW...JUST WOW....makes my SRT10 Viper seem like a tank..And that car was only 3380 pounds....We took her through the twisties and she handled amazingly....Then he demonstrated how stable the car was and took his hands off the steering wheel and the car stayed in a straight line for a 1/4 mile..

Compared to my friends stock 2005 NSX the car pulled like a freight train...Compared to my 2003 SRT10 470 rwhp Viper....Not even close...But when my 99 rt10 Viper was bone stock pushing 410 rwhp...This NSX felt about like that..Comparable to a stock gen2 Viper...Wich considering the comfort leval and handling+looks isnt a bad thing....

Now I wll say this though...Due to traffic we never really got past 6000 rpm's and he told me the car has a lot more in her once Vtech really kicks in...So she may be faster..But reguardless she was fast enough...

The car has

-9 psi CTSC
-piggy bach comtech computer
-carbon fiber intake
-taitec exhast

He's saying the car dynoed between 400 and 420 rwhp but he cant remember for sure....

Is this a bogus claim or is it possible with the above mods???

THANKS
-sway bars

Last edited:
wow he barely engaged v-tec, if you look at the all dyno graphs for the C30 or C32's they all make peak power at around 7500 rpm. You didn't even feel the full power of that car yet, the car engages v-tec at 5800 rpm so you just hit v-tec and had to let off.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/car/570745359.html

this was the car you looked at....

pop the front, and look down to the frame rail. it looks mangled...

the guy lives up the street from me, i went with 2 other nsxprime members..

overall the car is nice. the owner is one trippy dude haha

GOING TO GO TEST DRIVE THE NSX TODAY IN A FEW HOURS...SHOULD BE MINE SOON IF I LIKE THE DRIVE....AND DONT WORRY..IF I WANT TO RACE ILL BE GOING TO SCCA EVENTS OR FERRYING MY CAR ON A 3 HOUR BOAT RIDE TO ANOTHER ISLAND TO GO TO A DRAG STRIP

OK..So I went and drove the car.....WOW...JUST WOW....makes my SRT10 Viper seem like a tank..And that car was only 3380 pounds....We took her through the twisties and she handled amazingly....Then he demonstrated how stable the car was and took his hands off the steering wheel and the car stayed in a straight line for a 1/4 mile..

Compared to my friends stock 2005 NSX the car pulled like a freight train...Compared to my 2003 SRT10 470 rwhp Viper....Not even close...But when my 99 rt10 Viper was bone stock pushing 410 rwhp...This NSX felt about like that..Comparable to a stock gen2 Viper...Wich considering the comfort leval and handling+looks isnt a bad thing....

Now I wll say this though...Due to traffic we never really got past 6000 rpm's and he told me the car has a lot more in her once Vtech really kicks in...So she may be faster..But reguardless she was fast enough...

The car has

-9 psi CTSC
-piggy bach comtech computer
-carbon fiber intake
-taitec exhast

He's saying the car dynoed between 400 and 420 rwhp but he cant remember for sure....

Is this a bogus claim or is it possible with the above mods???

THANKS
-sway bars

400RWHP - 420RWHP, whether C30 or C32 is too optimistic... Talk is cheap, Dyno sheets walk.

He's probably within the range of 340- 380RWHP (at most). I have 375RWHP w/ same setup + headers & AEM tuned on

Last edited:
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/car/570745359.html

this was the car you looked at....

pop the front, and look down to the frame rail. it looks mangled...

the guy lives up the street from me, i went with 2 other nsxprime members..

overall the car is nice. the owner is one trippy dude haha

I called him and asked him about the frame..He said the car was never in an accident..He seems like a nice guy...Im bringing him the money this week and then were taking the car to GX auto for my friend to look at...

If he says it's good then the cash and title will be exchanged.....Too me the car looks pretty good.

What exactly did you see that was mangalled? Do you think this vehicle was in a bad wreck at some point?

Thanks

400RWHP - 420RWHP, whether C30 or C32 is too optimistic... Talk is cheap, Dyno sheets walk.

He's probably within the range of 340- 380RWHP (at most). I have 375RWHP w/ same setup + headers & AEM tuned on

Yea Ill dyno the car as soon as I get it....

So you have the Hi boost as well?????

To me as long as it hits 340 rwhp then it's all good...

You figure with 235 rwhp the bone stock NA1's are hitting 13.5-13.9 at 100-105 mph....( about LS1 camaro territory)

Then with 255 rwhp the bone stock NA2's are hitting 13.2-13.6 at 104-109 mph......( about LS1 corvette territory)

So I gotta imagine that with even 340 rwhp ( about 85 rwhp more than a stock NA2) that the car should be in the 12.3-12.8 at 112-117 mph...( about C5Z06 territory)

350 rwhp=12.2-12.7 at 113-118 mph

365 rwhp=12.1-12.6 at 114-119mph ( about gen2 Viper territory)

380 rwhp=12.0-12.5 at 115-120 mph

400 rwhp=11.9-12.4 at 116-121 mph ( about gen3 Viper territory)

Hey I would love for it to have 400-420 rwhp like he says but yea it's highly unlikely....

340 rwhp and C5Z06 performance coupled with the handling/looks/rarity will still be awesome

I called him and asked him about the frame..He said the car was never in an accident..He seems like a nice guy...Im bringing him the money this week and then were taking the car to GX auto for my friend to look at...

If he says it's good then the cash and title will be exchanged.....Too me the car looks pretty good.

What exactly did you see that was mangalled? Do you think this vehicle was in a bad wreck at some point?

Thanks

it was brought up to my atten. from another nsx prime member when we were looking at it. hell i was tempted to buy it myself haha.

ahh, getting mike to look at the car? good stuff. he knows nsxs too =)

i gotta get one and join up with kahanu them and do a nsx cruise

it was brought up to my atten. from another nsx prime member when we were looking at it. hell i was tempted to buy it myself haha.

ahh, getting mike to look at the car? good stuff. he knows nsxs too =)

i gotta get one and join up with kahanu them and do a nsx cruise

Kahanu's dumb..Id never cruise any where with him..He's just a big dumb pine- apple head...........

So exactly how bad was the frame???The owner is swearing that it's clean..What gives????

All in all the 95 CTSAC NSX is a solid 20K cheaper than my previous rides and I will be using it as a daily driver..Unlike the vipers that I rarely drove...So it dosent have to be 100% perfect....But I defiently dont wanna buy a wreck...

Why didnt you buy it???The frame? You say the frame was a lil mangled..But you didnt see it..Someone else did???Then you say the car was overall very nice...

Im getting confused....Is it a POS that I should stay away from or is it nice enough to drop the 36K on?????

If you know it's a pos just tell me so i dont waste my or GX auto's time..

Thanks..

i went to check out the car myself, but a bunch of other nsx people came just to see. imo the car is decent, a lot of that audio needs to go (just my opinion).

someone said that the passenger side frame rail "looks" messed up, i'd pop the hood and check it out for yourself. it's all in speculation. nothing is known for a fact.

i'd have mike at GX look at it. and then you should pick it up =)

i went to check out the car myself, but a bunch of other nsx people came just to see. imo the car is decent, a lot of that audio needs to go (just my opinion).

someone said that the passenger side frame rail "looks" messed up, i'd pop the hood and check it out for yourself. it's all in speculation. nothing is known for a fact.

i'd have mike at GX look at it. and then you should pick it up =)

OK....Thanks for clearing that up....Passanger side frame rail..Ill check that out..I appreciate it...

Yea the audio stuff is not really my thing but it looks pretty good over all..

i was thinking about picking it up and parting out a lot of the stuff and doing a front end conversion.

then i realized that i need an apt. haha. *sigh*

good luck with the sale!

Interesting Story...

Congrats on your Wife's Business...sounds like you picked a winner! You should let her drive the NSX once in a while.:smile:

I hear quite a few wrecked Viper stories...but not usually two in a row.:eek:

Pay close attention to gaps between body panels and look for any ripples on the shock towers.

Good Luck!

That NSX is a nice car.
GL with your search! You won't really get to appreciate the NSX until you throw it around a couple of twisties. You don't get handling like this from a Viper... maybe the Vette though.

:)

the ad states the car has been re-painted, why? True, it is being disclosed upfront but unless the owner is a perfectionist, (does not seem the case) I don't see why else the car would be repainted aside from damage.

He said he repainted the car because their were rock chips....Nonthing more..

The car fax is very clean..

I just want to go ahead and hurry up getting the thing so I can go do some 1/4 mile runs with it...

My 2003 470 rwhp SRT10=11.7 at 124

My 99 450 rwhp rt10=12.2 at 122

My 04 378 rwhp C5=12.6 at 112

Buddies 2005 stock NSX=13.2 at 108

Buddies 430 rwhp E55 AMG=12.6 at 113

Buddies 700 rwhp Supra=13.1 at 129 mph ( spiining all the way down)

Im hoping the NSX can edge out the C5 and E55 AMG

Kahanu's dumb..Id never cruise any where with him..He's just a big dumb pine- apple head...........

have fun cruising with yourself.

have fun cruising with yourself.

I always do, Mr sensitive...

dang..Take the joke playa...It was all in fun..You knew that..

But if it's like that then I will have fun cruizin by my self..

Or you coiuld man up and call me some funny names as well and call it a day like we usually do..

YOUR CALL :cool:

BTW....Your still a pine apple head:tongue: J/K

Back