• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Basch

That was before Devin and AEM came to the rescue. Don't hate the hardware, hate the tuning. :wink:

+1. All the Basch horror stories I've heard relate to EMS failures. The BBSC is a very efficient and reliable unit otherwise with many owners running it for quite a while with no issues (with a good EMS of course)

Knowlege is power...both literally and figuratively.

That Botchboost site is from Dali racing who has an axe to grind against Mark Basch and therefore not credible.

The problem with many stories is not the system but the individuals who look to the system. They expect a bolt-on, trouble free, 100HP, OEM experience. FORGET IT!!

Going this route requires a lot of learning, time and $$$.
The Basch system mechanicals are just fine and pretty well implemented. Nearly ALL problems with system related to the fuel managment problems which the AEM solved. AEM for the NSX was not available/infancy when Basch produced these units.

Also do not think you can bolt this on, add the AEM and drive off into the sunset. Done right, you have to update and improve other systems....intake, exhaust, headers, VVIS, fuel pump, regulator, injectors, aftercooler, dual wideband and other gauges, not to mention lot and lots of time tweaking and tuning. You cannot just bolt on 100 HP and expect the car to run flawlessly like stock.

thats an ignorant coment, considering the web site was made by a BBSC competitor

BBSC went out of buisness fixing mistakes by installers....they should have NEVER fixed the engines like they did.....

In respect to your first statement, when that site was first created they had severed ties due to engine failures and MJ hadn't yet developed a product for competition.
In regards to your second statement. That too my friend is an ignorant point because mine along with others that failed were installed by Mr. Basch himself. So if anybody was at fault, it was him. And yes, they should've fixed the engines because that is what the insurance coverage was for!!

I am surprised no has put out a turn key NSX McCullough/Paxton supercharger kit.
The thing has been around for what 60 years?
Nice factory option on the 1955 Ford Thunderbird.:tongue:

What does everyone think of the Basch system if used with AEM? Is it safe ?

Im going on my 8th month and have no troubles with it. Still rolling fast:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ... theres few people here with this system for years and still running safe. Like Marc said... tuning is the key for this system or any FI sustem.

I've had mine since 2003 with no mechanical issues. I had driveability issues, all related to tuning. Stalling at red lights, pinging up high, etc. The pinging went away with larger injectors (550's), the stalling went away with better tuning. The inability to start the car on a cold day (SSbox issue) went away with some genius here figuring out a way to bypass the SSbox during the first 2-3 seconds of starting the car via a relay sold at radio shack.

I've also had occasional "wear" issues, like the spider, squeaky bearing at 8000 miles, aftercooler sprung a leak at 25000 miles ($600 repair! ouch!).

I've had a CEL for the last 34000 miles, which changes occasionally, but is usually "rich" or "crank angle sensor" related. They've been addressed ad nauseum with Mr. basch to no avail. Just the damned SSbox i guess. Only reason I still have it, is the car drives like stock. Always starts. Never stalls. Pulls hard to redline every time.

Just yesterday I started discussing switching to the AEM piggyback. I am not willing to spend another $2500 on the full standalone since my SS works. But, for $500...no problem... Only issue is finding someone in phoenix who can do the tune.

Back