• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battery

I have noticed that the battery drains in about two weeks of non-usage without a trickle charger. Does that seem normal?

I have adopted driving in Sport+ for the final 20 minutes or so of each trip to have the battery more charged up when I park the car.

I have adopted driving in Sport+ for the final 20 minutes or so of each trip to have the battery more charged up when I park the car.
Think the OP is talking about the 12v battery not the drivetrain battery? The trickle charger does not charge the drivetrain battery, right? I keep mine on a trickle charger so can’t comment on how fast the 12v battery drains.

Think the OP is talking about the 12v battery not the drivetrain battery? The trickle charger does not charge the drivetrain battery, right? I keep mine on a trickle charger so can’t comment on how fast the 12v battery drains.

So am I

I am not sure if there is a drain on the 12 volt from use of the hybrid system but I can say I haven't had an unjuicy 12 volt since I adopted the approach

I have been under the impression that there was not a 12V battery (?) and that the LI battery did it ALL?? I am also under the impression that there is no starter either, and that the rear motor doubles as a starter?? Someone correct me if I am wrong???

I have been under the impression that there was not a 12V battery (?) and that the LI battery did it ALL?? I am also under the impression that there is no starter either, and that the rear motor doubles as a starter?? Someone correct me if I am wrong???

There is no starter. You’re correct there.

But there very much is a 12v battery, which powers the control modules (including the one that lets you start the engine), headlights, radio, door locks, and so on. It’s under a removable cover in the front cowl. The high voltage battery is primarily for the powertrain, but it also powers the A/C compressor and power steering.

Thanks for the info...... I was also wondering how the A/C compressor was powered when running on battery power, now I know!!

The 12V battery is somehow very small, so if you plan not to drive it for a while, plug in the trickle charger, just the normal one ... It is good that unlike some other exotic cars .. using those new Lithium battery .. which is $3K to replace ... *_* However, if the battery drained in just 2 weeks .. that is a bit too quick, may be your light etc was on? Door not completely closed?

Lights turn off automatically, so that won't drain the battery. What might be an issue is all the computers and electroncs, such as the acuralink system and wifi. You should be able to turn off the wifi feature in settings, but I don't think there is a way to turn off the acuralink cellular transmitter/receiver.

The battery is under warranty and would be replaced for me, but I think it’s being drained while the car is off for some reason. I have not paid for Acura link or Wi-Fi. There are however a lot of electronics working in the background. Should I have the battery replaced ? There is no easy way to see if something is drawing on the battery Versus a faulty battery

Talking of Acura Link ... I got email from them ..time to time .. normal? (alarm notification..)

My battery once drained completely in eight days. I gave it a quick boost charge and was able to drive it. If your car was sitting on the showroom floor for a while that probably contributed to it going bad. It's covered under warranty and should take less than an hour to replace. They do have to special order it, so just call the dealer and make an appointment.

I experienced a "dead" battery, which wasn't dead (the dash "winked " at me) but it only winked once and then nothing.

Measured the voltage and it was less then 7.

This was after the car was parked for less then a week.

Never happened before.

I was thinking what I might have done to drain it and it occurred to me that I did run in "quiet" mode for a bit, (20 seconds or less) to show someone how quiet the car can be.

I think ODYSSEY makes a battery that fits.

Back