• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BAYAREA MEET to make Mesh Engine Cover ETC

baynsac

Would others be interested in meeting up and doing a few mods together as a group? Like Make Mesh Engine covers and other things we would do if we just had a ittle more help.
Like we can set up a day where One person (or a few people) who know how its done look over others who are new to it. and they can provide help and answer questions if problems arise.

Like I been wanting to take on the Mesh Engine Cover. It looks simple but with someone there who's done it looking over you it be much easier. Plus if one person has the tools we can all use them at the same time. (I can provide some tools, pizzas, beer) We can share spray paint,mesh, tools, save time and money.
I am sure they are many other who would like a nice Engine cover and don't want to pay $500 for something you don't need.

Here is the link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/mesh_engine_cover.htm

Also if others want to the Zanardi mesh side scoops:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/mesh_side_air_intakes.htm
I am going to do this and the front to protect the radiator and the ac vents, engine crowl. All painted black mesh. I think it will look real nice.

Last edited:
hey, this is something that we've done many times on s2ki.com

I have all the tools and tinker with cars all the time. My next project is to bake the headlights open to remove the amber pieces.

That shroud is a neat piece but I don't want any dirt getting into the rear window area.

rick

Too late for me. I just ordered CF DF cover.:frown:

How much was it? Any pics? If its under $300 I'll just buy it but I doubt it.
Plus Gabe you can just use your old oem cover to make one and sell it recover some money for the new cover you just got.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to say Carbon Fiber Dali Racing engine cover. $300.00 New from a prime member.
It's definitely much lighter then the OEM cover.

I didn't see the need to have an exposed or lexan cover if I don't have a twin turbo or CTSC yet.

I'm going to test it out and if I don't like it, I'll just sell it and go back to OEM.

** UPDATE: I just installed the CF Engine cover, not sure if I want it or go back to OEM. I'll put it for sale at the J Style Motoring May 24th.

Last edited:
Sonny it's on my list of "to do" items. I even have a spare engine cover to cut up.

I just don't have the time right now to start this.

Carlos

Sorry, I meant to say Carbon Fiber Dali Racing engine cover. $300.00 New from a prime member.

cf_cover.jpg

Yeah I remember seeing it for sale somewhere its nice. Will go good with your wing and hood. I can see it allready:wink: . You can make your old one into one of these mesh ones you do yourself at home and sell it to me for $100 lol.

Sonny it's on my list of "to do" items. I even have a spare engine cover to cut up.

I just don't have the time right now to start this.

Carlos

Perfect Carlos,
You can teach us, whenever you are ready to meet that is. :biggrin:
For now I guess we can just get a list together for people who are interested in doing this. So if we get 5-6 people or more or even less than we can set up a place and time.

hey, this is something that we've done many times on s2ki.com

I have all the tools and tinker with cars all the time. My next project is to bake the headlights open to remove the amber pieces.

That shroud is a neat piece but I don't want any dirt getting into the rear window area.

rick

The S2000 group sounds like a cool group of people too. I read about how they like to eat (so do I :biggrin: ) and try lot of restuarants.
Do they have nsx and S2000 meets together?

Hey... I'm so down with this.. I too have a spare engine cover just sitting in my garage (has a hole in it). I've been meaning to try to cut it..

I have done the Home depot zanardi vent, so I can help anyone with that.. I can help with brakes, suspensions, and some other knick knacks but I am not comfortable touching other people's NSX.. =)

I'm very interested.. count me in..

niM

The S2000 group sounds like a cool group of people too. I read about how they like to eat (so do I :biggrin: ) and try lot of restuarants.
Do they have nsx and S2000 meets together?

Yes the s2ki group is both active and quite fun to hang around since we all love to get our hands dirty working on cars.

In fact the next event is a cam swap day over at Blacktrax in Milpitas. I'll be going to that event to watch the action as they swap out cams between ap1 and ap2 and dyno results to see if there is any gain. Event is for June 1st:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=586945

I'm sure they will welcome the nsx crowd too....I've found the m3/nsx/s2000 crowd all have some inter-connected interests since many nsx guys own s2000's and vice versa :)

rick

Yes the s2ki group is both active and quite fun to hang around since we all love to get our hands dirty working on cars.

In fact the next event is a cam swap day over at Blacktrax in Milpitas. I'll be going to that event to watch the action as they swap out cams between ap1 and ap2 and dyno results to see if there is any gain. Event is for June 1st:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=586945

I'm sure they will welcome the nsx crowd too....I've found the m3/nsx/s2000 crowd all have some inter-connected interests since many nsx guys own s2000's and vice versa :)

rick

Sounds fun. I am going to try to make it to a few events to meet some of the s2k guys. I m trying to find a good track car and still trying to decide if I will get a 5spd nsx or something else, eitherway way its going to be a stickshift and track only car.

Hey... I'm so down with this.. I too have a spare engine cover just sitting in my garage (has a hole in it). I've been meaning to try to cut it..

I have done the Home depot zanardi vent, so I can help anyone with that.. I can help with brakes, suspensions, and some other knick knacks but I am not comfortable touching other people's NSX.. =)

I'm very interested.. count me in..

niM

Sounds good Nim,
I guess after the next bay chapter meeting some of the guys who want to stay behind and start something and get the ball rolling. Eventually we can have a suspesion swap day, chassis bars, brakes etc. Good way to have fun, save money, learn how to do it your self, and get help from others. Plus there will be food and drinks so everyone should be good. Plus use the money you saved on install and buy some more things for your nsx.

I would be in for somethign like this. I got a few things that I need to get done and wouldnt mind some help with..........

I've been working on other people's cars ever since my college days when we opened our first shop business as a retail storefront. Fast forward 15 years I've been doing stereo and electronic installs for bay area clients for a while now so very comfortable working on cars. I've collected a vast amount of tools over the years too...

Just not so eager to tear into a virgin NSX so that is why I have my s2000 to tinker with :)

rk

Back