• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC aftercooler waterpump

I've done some searches and I've tried to find some kind of distinguishing characteristic or labeling on the water pump itself, but came up empty. Anyone know what kind of pump came with this kit? Or a suitable replacement? Mine seems to have failed. Thanks!

I've done some searches and I've tried to find some kind of distinguishing characteristic or labeling on the water pump itself, but came up empty. Anyone know what kind of pump came with this kit? Or a suitable replacement? Mine seems to have failed. Thanks!

Call Cody @ Lovefab.

grainger sells them also

So it doesn't really matter what model, is it safe to assume I simply need to match up the inlet and outlet port size? Is there a particular flow rate I should be looking for? Thanks guys,
Nathan

Mark Basch had advised me to use a Dedenbear pump which is available through Summit Racing and was around $300.00......I never had any issues with it.

Bosch number is 0392 022 002, the last 3 digits being variations of the pump.

I would look at the calculated flow rate under pressure to determine if this pump is better or worse than the one you have that failed and compared to expensive racing alternatives.

Literature quotes volume measured at 0 pressure rather than in situ. Also, brushless induction vs brush for the style of driving that you do and how often you're willing to fix it later. :)

The Lightning/Cobra pump flows at 10gpm/38lpm at 13.5psi. It's a big'un. Also keep in mind that the Lightning/Cobra pump may be drawing more power, so you may need a stronger relay if one is used.

Also, anything you can do to dampen vibration on the pump will stretch it's life as well as it's mounting position, vertical vs horizontal. You may run into a restriction on the inlet and this pump is overkill for the application.

Last edited:
Back