• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBVNSX 93 EDM NSX - From Portugal!

Hi,

Then when you go there again after the suspension settled, ask them to get the control arm bolt down to 150mm front and the rear 195mm rear...

but before they do, measure it as it is currently, also in the control arm bolts... i bet the difference is lower than the stock difference (45mm) minus
the 5mm you asked to lower the rear more than the front... the difference is lower than 40mm..... visually it's way more than 5mm ;)

Let me know.

Nuno

I measured previously on the control arm bolts and they were 175mm (F) and 220 mm (R), but this was on my garage floor... which is not completely flat.

I did my installation with a professional tech and asked him to lower the car 25 mm F and 30 mm R. i think he measured from the center of the hub to the fender and told me the car was lowered 25 mm F and 30 mm R.

Thanks

GC07J have a deeper centre well, excellent evolution of the GC07C style.

Love these Rims, and awesome colour too, looks like the Solaris Silver of the OEM, not too flashy.

Better picture from the interior with the Type-S Zero stereo delete plate:

IMG_0218_zpslovggzqw.jpg

I also deleted my guppy attack antena (saved ~0,18 kg or 0,40 lbs :biggrin:) used Honda # 82871-671-000 as filler for antenna hole :wink::

IMG_0251_zpstxk7temi.jpg

And one more pic from the exterior:

IMG_0243_zps4xiidn4f.jpg

I believe it was a good idea to go with 205/40*17 front tires.
It keeps the steering feel very precise specially on poor roads.
On the other hand I'm not sure the Toyo's are the best choice for your application?
My previous tires were Toyo R888's 235/40*17 upfront and 265/35*18 rear.
The car was very sensitive to road imperfections, continually searching it's path along the road camber changes.
Not dangerous but not fun.
The other issue came when the tires started to wear out with a strange rumble that appeared as the car approached a halt.
It took me quite some time to figure out it came from the tires...
Currently, I'm running a Pirelli P Zero Corsa package that comes as OEM on the Lotus Exige S in 205/45*17 and 265/35*18 sizes.
A really good tire on the dry ( including track duty) but with some reserve on the wet.
I don't know however if it would work with the OEM TCS?

Thanks for your imput CB72!

These tires have very good grip! (I bought my NSX with OEM 15/16 A022 Yoko, then went with OEM 16/17 + RE040F + RE050R) none of those tires can compare in terms of grip, these are on different league... especially when they heat up!

But i absolutely agree with you, the car is continually searching it's path along the road camber changes... this is amplified as i installed KW-V3 + Type R sway + lower bar, so my NSX is much sharper reacting to imputs... the disadvantage is the confort level decreased, i feel like the car is more "nervous" and i can feel the small imperfections on the road, which when driving a bit more relaxed is not dangerous but i agree that is not fun! Don't get me wrong though, the level of grip is very high and the car is very planted on the road!

I usually drive my NSX in smooth pavement roads (highway/freeway pavement here in Portugal is usually quite good), when driving on secondary roads with poor pavement i'll drive slowly, but i can feel the decrease in confort level for sure...

My tires are not worn yet... however the noise level with this tires is quite high! they drone! Never had such a noisy tire! I only drive my NSX for recriation purpose, so this isn't to bad, but i wouldn't recomend them for DD!

In the end I'm happy! i wouldn't go back!

205/45*17 + 265/35*18 should be in the limit to work with the OEM TCS??? but no sure too...

I'm curious about this tire too:

http://www.nankangtyre.co.uk/performance/motorsport/ar-1

It will be released in 215/40*17 and 265/40*17... but probably it will be similar to the R888 in terms of noise/comfort level... a bit wider then my 205/255 setup though...

I believe it was a good idea to go with 205/40*17 front tires.
It keeps the steering feel very precise specially on poor roads.
On the other hand I'm not sure the Toyo's are the best choice for your application?
My previous tires were Toyo R888's 235/40*17 upfront and 265/35*18 rear.
The car was very sensitive to road imperfections, continually searching it's path along the road camber changes.
Not dangerous but not fun.
The other issue came when the tires started to wear out with a strange rumble that appeared as the car approached a halt.
It took me quite some time to figure out it came from the tires...
Currently, I'm running a Pirelli P Zero Corsa package that comes as OEM on the Lotus Exige S in 205/45*17 and 265/35*18 sizes.
A really good tire on the dry ( including track duty) but with some reserve on the wet.
I don't know however if it would work with the OEM TCS?

Last edited:
Better late than never... so here goes the pictures with weight information on the installed/removed parts:

NSX-R Front Sway bar VS My OEM 1993 NA1:

-1,75 + 2,64 = +0,89 KG (+1,96 lbs) :mad:

NSX-R Lower Brace:

+0,82 Kg (+1,91 lbs) :mad:

Carbon 6 Tie-Rod VS OEM:

-0,96 + 0,39= -0,57 Kg (-1,26 lbs) :biggrin:

Stereo Delete:

-3,76 - 2,38 - 2,03 - 0,23 + 0,09 = -8,31 kg (-18,32 lbs) :biggrin:

I removed my OEM Antenna in the past and saved 0,82 Kg, but i still had the guppy attack antenna... i've deleted it:

-0,18 kg (-0,40 lbs) :biggrin:

Last edited:
^up...
That is one clean motor! Respect due...

Some upgrades to share!

I've recently upgraded my NSX with some Chassis braces, weight reduction, exhaust etc...

I'll start with Chassis (Please note that all weights shown on the scale are in Kg):

First i upgraded my OEM RSTB with the OKUYAMA Carbing RSTB - Type R (the lightest version):

I like to keep the OEM look, so i decided to paint it black! The OKUYAMA Carbing RSTB is made out of aluminium vs the OEM steel bar, so it weights almost the same but is much stiffer! You can see it here (1,07 Kg vs 1,03 kg):

If we add the nuts the weight is exactly the same, as the nuts that came with the Carbing bar are lighter (1,11 Kg for both):

Here you can see an installed comparision of the two RSTB:

And some other pictures of it installed:

Later i upgraded to Ti nuts, so i ended saving 20 g with the upgrade :biggrin:

Last edited:
Next i installed the Super Taitec LHD Ft STB:

Here you can see it installed:

And you can see a video with the wiper motor working and the strut bar installed:

I also installed Ti nuts, you can see them on the first pictiure bellow:

This was also a good chance for some cleaning 😉 some before/after pictures:

Final weight balance after the install with the Ti nuts: +1,34 Kg (+2,95 lbs) :mad:

I'll do a review on this strut bar later!

Attachments

• 02_04_Taitec_Front_Cleaning_zps0iusfxgx.jpg
    02_04_Taitec_Front_Cleaning_zps0iusfxgx.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
Next, it was time for:

Type - S rear sway bar (+1,83 Kg (Type-S) - 1,37 Kg (OEM) = +0,46 Kg :mad:):

Cedar Ridge Fabrication F/R Sway Bar End Links (+0,52 Kg (CRF) - 0,64 Kg (OEM) + 1,07 Kg (CRF) - 0,93 Kg (OEM) = +0,02 Kg :mad:):

Carbon 6 Non Compliance Rear XP Toe-links (+1,60 Kg (C6) - 1,55 Kg (OEM) = +0,05 Kg :mad:):

Note that these toe-links also upgrade the bushings, meaning that the part would be lighter than OEM part if they kept the rubber bushings, you can see that bellow with the rear beam bushings alone.

To work with the non compliance toe-links i also installed Non Compliance RFY Rear Beam Pillow ball Bushings (+0,67 Kg (RFY) - 0,36 Kg (OEM) = +0,31 Kg :mad:):

Some pictures of the work being done and final results - Installation of the RFY Rear Beam Pillow ball Bushings using special tool to remove old bushings and press the new ones:

NSX-S Sway + CRF Rear Sway Bar End Links + Carbon 6 Rear XP Toe Links installed:

CRF Front Sway Bar End Links installed (you can also see the Carbon 6 front XP Tie Rods and Type-R Sway bar i installed in the past):

Last edited:
And finally, ending my chassis upgrade, i installed the LoveFab NSX Front Upper and Lower Chassis Brace (Titanium)

These Titanium braces are strong and very light!!! Upper 0,57 Kg (1,26 lbs) and Lower 0,77 Kg (1,70 lbs)! as reference the NSX-R Lower alluminium bar is 0,82 Kg (1,81 lbs) alone!

Well... again i decided to paint them black... I want the OEM look, and don't want problems passing anual inspection here in Portugal (you are not allowed to use aftermarket bracings here unless they are homologated...)!

The two braces after painting add 1,37 Kg (3,02 lbs) :mad: but the effect on the car is great!!! :biggrin:

And some pictures of the braces installed:

Upper:

Lower:

Last edited:
Since i installed each chassis upgrade with some time interval, i was able to feel the effect of each upgrade. Here are my impressions following the order of installations (please have in mind that this is for my specific setup... you may feel it differently...)

OKUYAMA Carbing Strut Tower Bar: Couldn´t really tell the difference driving on public roads but the chassis should be a bit stiffer!

Taitec FSTB: To be honest i was not expecting a big difference as this bar is not very strong... but for my surprise i was able to feel the difference the first spirited corner i took with the NSX! I have KW V3 coilovers, NSX-R Swaybar, NSX-R lower brace and Toyo R888 tyres, since i installed this suspension/tyres upgrades i felt the car was very planted to the road but the front of the car was a bit more "nervous" when the surface of the road was not silky smooth (more vibration came to the steering wheel and i found myself struggling more) with the taitec FSTB almost all of the vibration went away and i felt even more confident pushing the car when cornering... I was surprised... maybe if i had the lovefab bars installed first i wouldn't feel the improvement, but without the lovefab braces i could feel it for sure!

Honda NSX-S Rear Stabilizer Bar: I feel like the front sway is not working so hard now to control the car moviments, and when cornering at very tight corners or on a roundabout my understeer is now reduced/eliminated by modulating the throttle... i felt the car more agile. At high speed corners car is very agile and neutral!

RFY Non-Compliance Rear Beam pillow ball Bushing Kit and Carbon 6 NSX Rear XP Toe Links: Couldn´t really tell the difference driving on public roads but good thing is that I didn't notice a decrease in comfort or felt more noise or vibration when driving...

LoveFab upper + lower Ti Braces: Wow!!!! I was impressed on how the vibrations went almost away with the Taitec FSTB, but after installing the LoveFab Ti braces, there is no more vibrations, when turning at speed, the car feels like if it was on rails! so smooth! very pleased! I was using the lower NSX-R bar, but i can say that Taitec FSTB + Lovefab Upper+Lower are a real upgrade over this, at least with my setup (KW V3 + R sway + R888 tires)

Last edited:
^ how thick is your front anti-sway bar? what's the clearance to the brace? I assume you're running R bar.
Also can you paste part number for that Type-S radio delete plate?

Last edited:
^ how thick is your front anti-sway bar? what's the clearance to the brace? I assume you're running R bar.
Also can you paste part number for that Type-S radio delete plate?

Yes I'm running 02 NSX-R sway bar so it should be 22.2 x 4 mm - no clearence problems at all

Type-S radio delete plate part #: 77230-SL0-N50ZA

Back