• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Racing Coilovers - Comprehensive Review

I'm still happy with mine. However probably only around 5,000 miles on them.

Where's the best place to buy bc coilovers with swift springs? I'd like someone reputable as I want a set for my daily. I need to be able to ask a ton of questions and customize them.

I'd ideally want to do the Swift springs with the NSX-R spring rates (10kg / 8kg - correct me if I'm wrong). Is the shock valving up to spec?

Not sure if you are asking if the valving is in spec for the springs at 10k/8k or if they are at the R's spec. If you order them with the swift springs in 10k/8k the company revalves them for the increased spring rates.

I've got about 2000 Miles+ on my set since I installed them a couple of
years back. Still feel great and do just fine on the road and twisties:)
No need to look elsewhere...

Basically, how long do people expect to run a set of coilovers before having to replace them due to wear and tear?

I planned on 25k to 40k until the cans need replacement. Monotubes generally wear faster than twin tube shocks. You sacrifice some durability for performance. Aluminum body units (tein ra for example) can wear even faster.

Ok. Will try. Im running 17/17 wheels and haven't been able to find a good street setting. Currently on 15/15 f/r and the car understeer quite a bit.

I went with 10/8 because that is the NSX-R rate and I don't have Honda's R&D budget. So, I decided to assume they determined that was the ideal performance rate for the NSX based on weight distribution, braking, and wheel motion rates. If I did not track my car, I would have gone with the Type S rates (8/6) for the same reason. I have found the 10/8 to be excellent on the track in terms of balance, but a little harsh for street, especially in winter when the shock oil is cold.

I think I'll go 10/8. Car is a street car but the roads here are pretty smooth. Thanks for the insight.

Last edited:
gonna pull the trigger on these.

Not doing any track.

Just lowering the car and replacing my blown stock shocks

who has the best prices for these? Best i came across is 960

Not doing any track.

this is the exact reason i bought mine, prob have about 5k miles on them, theyre def not that stiff and ride very well, easy to adjust too

Not doing any track.

I worked with Tristan at Circuit Motorsports. Great service. I would go with 8 kg front springs and 6 kg rear if you have no plans to track the car.

$960 is for the BCR's and their springs. The Swift springs are plus $'s.

Yes, with Swifts (recommended) it's closer to $1,200.

Back