• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Be careful with Ryco oil filter part numbers...

Let me save someone here some heartache, some computer systems and books (I found this with both Autobarn and Repco) list the Ryco oil filter for an NSX as part number Z547. This is wrong! The correct Ryco oil filter part number is Z336, the Z547 filter definitely doesn't fit even though Ryco themselves seem to list it incorrectly. I learned this the hard way...

- Ben

Let me save someone here some heartache, some computer systems and books (I found this with both Autobarn and Repco) list the Ryco oil filter for an NSX as part number Z547. This is wrong! The correct Ryco oil filter part number is Z336, the Z547 filter definitely doesn't fit even though Ryco themselves seem to list it incorrectly. I learned this the hard way...

- Ben

G'day Ben,

Sorry to hear you had a problem, hopefully it didn't cause too much damage. If so I would have thought you would have a legitimate claim against Ryco to pay for the damage.

All the best,

David

Nothing catastrophic, maybe "I learned this the hard way" was a bit vague. It clearly didn't fit so I just had to go back to Autobarn and have an argument with them about how it didn't fit even though they were claiming their computer system said it was definitely the right part. The thread was different as was the diameter of the rubber gasket so you couldn't make a mistake, it was just a hassle I'd rather help others avoid.

Good info Ben. Ryco make good filters but I prefer to use the OEM Honda filters. They are cheap and a nice blue!

Nothing catastrophic, maybe "I learned this the hard way" was a bit vague. It clearly didn't fit so I just had to go back to Autobarn and have an argument with them about how it didn't fit even though they were claiming their computer system said it was definitely the right part. The thread was different as was the diameter of the rubber gasket so you couldn't make a mistake, it was just a hassle I'd rather help others avoid.

Thanks Ben,

I'm pleased to hear it wasn't too serious, albeit bloody annoying.

Cheers, David

Back