• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best 6.5 " Speakers ...

The price just went up $70.:mad: I was going to purchase them a couple of days ago and hesitated.

Its the Euro/dollar ratio. The dollar is sinking like the Titanic. All goods made overseas are becoming more expensive.

Thats always bad news, no wonder I invest in international funds. Guess I'll have to watch ebay for these...

There are a couple of ebay auctions with buy-it now prices between $500 and $529

Try and find some American made a/d/s 6.5 inch components. The 346is that I have sound better than the other 4 sets of speakers that I tried. Then again, its all personal opinion. They don't make stuff like they used to.

i am running focal 165w on the car,the sound just brilliant,i has been using focal for few year,i feel never goes wrong with it.

I've done some extensive research across several car audio boards, about 4 months worth, and settled with Polk Audio Signature Reference line. I am using the SR6500 components running a passive set-up. Sound is amazing, very detailed and warm. I have yet to hear or read anything negative about this set.

Only downside is that they dont like anymore than 150watts, I have 200w RMS going to mine and have to be careful.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/speakers/6-1-2/sr6500/

shallow mounting depth and ring radiator tweeter make it a sweet set IMO.

also you can mount the tweeter with the woofer (with different angles) or do component separates.

Last edited:
I've done some extensive research across several car audio boards, about 4 months worth, and settled with Polk Audio Signature Reference line. I am using the SR6500 components running a passive set-up. Sound is amazing, very detailed and warm. I have yet to hear or read anything negative about this set.

Only downside is that they dont like anymore than 150watts, I have 200w RMS going to mine and have to be careful.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/speakers/6-1-2/sr6500/

shallow mounting depth and ring radiator tweeter make it a sweet set IMO.

also you can mount the tweeter with the woofer (with different angles) or do component separates.

Do you run these full range? I assume you still have a subwoofer. You can increase power handling and probably clean up the mid-bass if you had a high pass filter to the Polks. Preferably an active filter, something between 60-100 hz. That would relieve the woofers of a significant amount of work that they really aren't good at anyway.

Back