• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Bottled Water?

Dansani Water ingredients: water, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, salt

No thanks.

I wonder why the OP and others that mentioned which they prefer
have not replied to this thread yet?

come on guys if you didnt know any of this its OK.
I learn alot from prime
and now so have you.

but you can't say " that your were never told "

honestly I have not had a glass of water for 15 years.
Cherry coke, or Ice Tea.

Dansani Water ingredients: water, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, salt

No thanks.

DaSani and Nestle are both tap water that is "filtered", "mineralized" then bottled...not natural spring water.

I wonder why the OP and others that mentioned which they prefer
have not replied to this thread yet?

come on guys if you didnt know any of this its OK.
I learn alot from prime
and now so have you.

but you can't say " that your were never told "

honestly I have not had a glass of water for 15 years.
Cherry coke, or Ice Tea.

You could be dehydrated...a lot of people are. You should drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

I used to drink a lot of soda and sweetened tea drinks, but now I drink mostly water. Now I can't even stand drinking soda or sweetened drinks...but it takes a while to get used to just drinking water.

Last edited:

Fifty eight million trillon gallons of water on the earth.
Average water useage a day is 151 gallons per person. this seems high to me.
Average life span globally, 68 years or 24,820 days.
Average amount of water per person, in gallons, used over a single lifetime 3,747,820.
current global population is 6,997,719,778.
Global population growth over one month 6,123,351.

At the rate of population increase and the usage of water how many years into the future do we go before water is scarce? I couldn't find any information on how much water is recycled back into the supply but I bet it's a high percentage in populated areas.

..... You should drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

I used to drink a lot of soda and sweetened tea drinks, but now I drink mostly water. Now I can't even stand drinking soda or sweetened drinks...but it takes a while to get used to just drinking water.

yea, I can't stand sodas anymore. Once in a BIG while when I'm doing pizza I have to have the root beer.

i can't force my self to drink 64 oz of water. I hardly sweat.

To me, most of the taste of the bottled water comes from the chemicals of the plastic bottle leaching into the water.

So whatever plastic tastes best for you should be the water you get. :smile:

http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/2007/03/29/plastic_water_bottles#axzz1nsxIqdoZ
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2006/12/21/bottle-study.html

Bingo, you just nailed it. I have an entire house filter system and then a water softner on top of that. It runs to all the inside taps including the commercial water fountain i installed in the gameroom. All adults and kids, say it taste awesome. Before, there were half drank bottles of water everywhere.

Fifty eight million trillon gallons of water on the earth.
Average water useage a day is 151 gallons per person. this seems high to me.
Average life span globally, 68 years or 24,820 days.
Average amount of water per person, in gallons, used over a single lifetime 3,747,820.
current global population is 6,997,719,778.
Global population growth over one month 6,123,351.

At the rate of population increase and the usage of water how many years into the future do we go before water is scarce? I couldn't find any information on how much water is recycled back into the supply but I bet it's a high percentage in populated areas.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1012&bih=646

The earth is not making any "new" water. The water that is here has been here from the beggining. It's all recycled dinosaur pee.

Ok new subject which of the dinosour pee tasted better?:biggrin:

Get it Dinosour?

You could be dehydrated...a lot of people are. You should drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

Some insight from Snopes on water consumption
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Same here. I do drink soda daily but only one or two cans. Water however I drink at a minimum 6 bottles a day and often twice that amount. I buy 5 cases a week but everyone here drinks it as well. Water is good for ya. IMO it's way better in the bottle because it's really hard to drive with a cup of water between your legs. It's impossible to shove a cup of water in your back pocket like you can a bottle. Taste? probably no different. Convenience of being able to have it in a portable container that I don't have to keep track of and refill at a strange location where I know nothing about the quality of the source... that is what makes bottled water valuable to me.

Same here. I do drink soda daily but only one or two cans. Water however I drink at a minimum 6 bottles a day and often twice that amount. I buy 5 cases a week but everyone here drinks it as well. Water is good for ya. IMO it's way better in the bottle because it's really hard to drive with a cup of water between your legs. It's impossible to shove a cup of water in your back pocket like you can a bottle. Taste? probably no different. Convenience of being able to have it in a portable container that I don't have to keep track of and refill at a strange location where I know nothing about the quality of the source... that is what makes bottled water valuable to me.

+1 I agree 100%

Oops! Page Not Found
Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found

I get routed to a google search for "Invest in Desalinization"...

I agree, but until the technology advances it is cost prohibitive.

Last edited:
bear_grylls.jpg

00.jpg

new%20excuse.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bear-grylls-better-drink-my-own-piss

LOL on the Bear Grylls references :smile:

He kind of looks like Jeff Probst to me.

1e2s.jpg

*Does not apply to all 3 & 5 galloon bottles.

Good Catch, I was referring to the 16.9 oz bottles. I don't buy the large one.

I used to drink my well water all the time. My water is very hard. If you looked at my refrigerator tray that catches the drops after you fill up your cup you probably would be disgusted like me. Also, a year ago I had a horrible stomach ache. What do people tell you to do when you have a stomach ache???? Drink plenty of fluids. So I drank my tap water like crazy to wash out my system. I have a company that tests my water every four months. I get a call from the company saying "We found bacteria in your water. Dont drink your water it will make you very sick." So I was drinking my water for about 5 days and just was making myself sicker. This happened to me three times. I ended up buying an ultraviolet disinfection unit that kills 99% of the bacteria in the water. I guess I could buy a water softener to solve the other problem. I will admit it I had no idea tap water is considered to be better then bottled. Thanks for all the replies so quickly. I will be looking into a water softener very soon. Just another update to the house lol.

Last edited:
I used to drink my well water all the time. My water is very hard. If you looked at my refrigerator tray that catches the drops after you fill up your cup you probably would be disgusted like me. Also, a year ago I had a horrible stomach ache. What do people tell you to do when you have a stomach ache???? Drink plenty of fluids. So I drank my tap water like crazy to wash out my system. I have a company that tests my water every four months. I get a call from the company saying "We found bacteria in your water. Dont drink your water it will make you very sick." So I was drinking my water for about 5 days and just was making myself sicker. This happened to me three times. I ended up buying an ultraviolet disinfection unit that kills 99% of the bacteria in the water. I guess I could buy a water softener to solve the other problem. I will admit it I had no idea tap water is considered to be better then bottled. Thanks for all the replies so quickly. I will be looking into a water softener very soon. Just another update to the house lol.

FYI, note that well water is not tap water. Well water is whatever comes out of the ground and can vary quite a bit from location to location and even from day to day. Municipal water, aka tap water, aka muni water, aka water provided by the government, has to meet very strict guidelines and filtration requirements before it can even be sent out. Furthermore it is tested constantly and any device delivering the water must be in accordance to code as well. Municipal water is safe. Well water is a roll of the dice.

Here's an interesting thing most people don't even think of. Almost everyone drinks tap water all the time, every day. Millions of people do and don't even realize it.

Every time you go to out and get a drink and add ice to it, that ice is always tap water. If you go to 7-eleven or Subway or McDonald's, and order a drink, the ice you put in that drink will be made from municipal tap water. When that tap water melts, guess what, you are drinking tap water! I know people who add ice ("tap water") to bottled water all the time. Sort of defeats the purpose don't you think? :smile:

Back